Certificate EXPIRED!

By richwicks follow richwicks   2020 Oct 1, 3:18pm 516 views   6 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Hey Patrick:

This is what I do in my root's contrab.

#                  ┌─────────────────┐
# ┌────────────────┤ minute (0 - 59) │
# │                ├───────────────┬─┘
# │  ┌─────────────┤ hour (0 - 23) │
# │  │             ├───────────────┴───────┐
# │  │  ┌──────────┤ day of month (1 - 31) │
# │  │  │          ├───────────────────────┴───────────────┐
# │  │  │  ┌───────┤ month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ... │
# │  │  │  │       ├───────────────────────────────────────┴────────────────────────────┐
# │  │  │  │  ┌────┤ day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat │
# │  │  │  │  │    ├────────────────────────┬───────────────────────────────────────────┘
# │  │  │  │  │  ┌─┤ command to be executed │
# ▼  ▼  ▼  ▼  ▼  ▼ └────────────────────────┘
  1  0  *  *  0  /usr/bin/certbot renew --rsa-key-size 4096 > /tmp/certbot.txt 2>&1 # check every week to update the certificate

1   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Oct 1, 3:21pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Thanks!

I will try to implement that.
2   richwicks   ignore (4)   2020 Oct 1, 3:23pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
Thanks!

I will try to implement that.

I fixed my post - nbsp has to be used with the code tag.

Anyhow, I update once a week, most times it tells me i don't have to update, but when I do, it's automatic.

As a root crontab, that should work without any modification, be careful not to delete anything in your existing crontab.
3   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Oct 1, 7:59pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What's your website? @richwicks
4   richwicks   ignore (4)   2020 Oct 3, 3:35am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
What's your website? @richwicks

@Patrick: (I suppose the at sign notifies you?)

I gave it to you once before. Oh heck, if I give you the main page, no damage:

But that's just an Apache "It works!" page and will remain that way, probably forever. I make this site purposely non-indexed. The address connects to my machine 2 feet away from me. It's mostly for my convenience, but I am doing development on it. I'm the guy that wants to destroy centralization - I would never run on AWS.
5   Helloworldtoo   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 3, 4:55am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Cloud is dead. There is no such thing as “limping along” in down economy / uncertain times when in the cloud. You will actually pay more because they want more and know you can’t exit without even more cost.
6   richwicks   ignore (4)   2020 Oct 3, 5:32am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Helloworldtoo says

This entire website could easily run on a raspberry pi 0. So, about $60, that includes the case, the power supply, the USB->ethernet adapter. and a 128GB SDCard. No more video though on it, possibly.

I think cloud is yet ANOTHER attempt at software as a service / thin clients. We were done with mainframes by the end of 1990.