please check out the anti-mandate news »

'Eaten alive': Hawaii bars reportedly receive backlash when asking for vaccination proof

By Eric Holder follow Eric Holder   2021 Jul 20, 5:05pm 183 views   10 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Bars and restaurants in Oahu were recently told they can lose all social distancing restrictions, but there was a catch: Under the order, staff are required to ask customers to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result within the prior 48 hours to allow entry.

Establishments that attempted this were met with a backlash from customers and "eaten alive on social media," reports Hawaii News Now.

“I don’t want to put my staff through that,” Don Murphy, owner of Murphy’s Bar and Grill, told the outlet, after noticing neighboring restaurants attempting to ask customers to show documentation and receiving pushback.

“I let them know that I didn’t feel comfortable doing that,” added Sarah Nguyen, owner of The Pizza Press in Pearl City, after asking her staff how they felt about the program. “I wanted to respect each person’s privacy. It would be hard to manage and I didn’t want to put my staff in a position where a situation would arise.”

Now, the Hawaii Restaurant Association can’t name a single eatery still participating in the program.

1   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2021 Jul 20, 5:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Island bro's don' need no stinkin' vaccine passports.
2   richwicks   ignore (3)   2021 Jul 20, 5:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's a violation of HIPAA.

I'd point that out, that I cannot be compelled to answer, and if you don't want me as a customer, I don't want to be your patron. No reason to get upset, business is a mutual voluntary transaction and a business can discriminate based on any arbitrary set of criteria they define.
3   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 Jul 20, 5:35pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think there is reason to get upset though.

These businesses are cooperating with a request to impose totalitarianism.

We have an inherent right to freedom of association. There is nothing in it that says "... unless public health officials have been corrupted by Big Pharma."
4   joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2021 Jul 20, 5:36pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nice. Great article.
5   WineHorror1   ignore (2)   2021 Jul 20, 6:42pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
I think there is reason to get upset though.

These businesses are cooperating with a request to impose totalitarianism.

The ONLY reason this whole ridiculousness (Covid) even got off the ground was the pressure put on businesses. If it weren't for that, this nonsense would have been over a year ago. EVERYONE has to push back...including businesses.
6   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2021 Jul 20, 11:04pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Whenever I go out if anyone asks me personal medical questions, I tell them they have to answer mine first. I ask about HIV, STD's, IBS, and then I get into their mental history...

If you have a right to know my medical history, then I have a right to know yours, and there are far more dangerous/contagious diseases than Covid floating around.
7   HeadSet   ignore (3)   2021 Jul 21, 6:37am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says
I ask about HIV, STD's

Careful, that dude may think you are prequalifying him for a tryst.
8   WookieMan   ignore (6)   2021 Jul 21, 7:04am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

richwicks says

No they can't. Specifically regarding medical ailments, conditions or vaccine history for entry to a business. You're right with HIPPA and that's why it's not legal to deny entry. There has to be some ordinance/law on the books to equally discriminate for something. Mentioned in another thread the no shirt, no shoes, no entry type signs. Those from my understanding are written into all municipal code.

Maybe masks if there's local ordinance and law on the books. In almost every place they never legally passed laws to deny entry for not wearing a mask. So even then, most stores were violating existing law for entry as a public place of business. This whole thing has been a sham. Legally, ethically, politically, etc. Government has been getting away with one of the biggest con jobs in everyone's lifetimes with this shit. Doctors too.
9   Tenpoundbass   ignore (16)   2021 Jul 21, 9:03am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was at a party Saturday, it had about 30 people there. Mostly people in their mid to late 20's. It was a get together of musicians taking turns with different people, having impromptu jams. None of them were vaccinated, nor had any plans on getting vaccinated, and believe the Hoax was a way for Communist control. Most supported Biden(the vote against Trump) but didn't vote. But all now see the Democrat party as evil and dangerous for this country. All of them would vote for Trump today.

I think they are lying about the number of people who have been vaccinated, and it's why they are panicking to force people be vaccinated. They haven't seen a return on their billions of dollars investment.
10   WookieMan   ignore (6)   2021 Jul 21, 9:53am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

Not sure much was invested. Likely with the gain of function rumors, they've had these vaccines lined up for a while. Can't sell them though if enough people don't die. Gotta create demand for them by letting the "pandemic" go for a bit.

If I'm going full tin foil hat, I don't think they studied this one enough and didn't realize that it wasn't that deadly. Doesn't kill kids. That gets the moms sold instantly. But hey, a bat in a cave that 99% of people have no interest in entering or eating was the initial cause. Lol. Don't even think Hollywood could make this up.

Also, 20 year old musicians give zero shits having been one. I know you play 10# and I'm guessing may have been the same at that age if you played. The phrase sex, drugs and rock and roll came from somewhere. That was my 20's. And high school as well.