12/11/18 @ 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Gathering @ CornerBakery 665 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94105

By rox42 follow rox42   2018 Dec 10, 7:32pm 1,556 views   24 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

I'm new to San Francisco, originally from LA but I came via Austin, TX. I was hoping to meet some of you all tomorrow or maybe at another event later this month. I'll be at the Corner Bakery at 665 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94105 at 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM tomorrow. I will be wearing a gray jacket and my labtop has a small Colorado Rockies logo on it as well as Python and JS logos, I'm a bit of a nerd. My wife's company got me out here and now I'm just looking around to see what the tech scene is like...

Long time lurker,
Rob
1   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Dec 10, 7:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I might be able to make it about noon.
2   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 10, 7:48pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Cool, looking forward to it Patrick!
3   mell   ignore (6)   2018 Dec 10, 8:27pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

There's a possibility I can make it during that window. If Patrick makes an effort so should I.
4   curious2   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 10, 8:27pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Most of us are bots and so can't attend in person, but maybe someone can hire crisis actors to simulate the drama that is PatNet. Pay close attention to their arms, that's always the tell.
5   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Dec 10, 8:28pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I will make the effort to get there.
6   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 10, 8:29pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

AI is real gud this days, curious2!
7   FortWayneAsNancyPelosiHaircut   ignore (4)   2018 Dec 10, 8:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HEYYOU says
If you've been following this crap I'm worried about you. ;-)

Speaking of being worried about posters, I'm seriously concerned about your mental state right now. You've been very angry lately, maybe you need a vacation? Something to ease your mind off life burdens?

This is a genuine concern, nothing sarcastic or mean spirited here.
8   FortWayneAsNancyPelosiHaircut   ignore (4)   2018 Dec 10, 8:32pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Well if you guys ever in L.A. I'll make it out.
9   MrMagic   ignore (10)   2018 Dec 11, 8:53am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

curious2 says

Ha ha ha ha Ha ha

That one was great!!!!!

Also, pay close attention to the water bottles, they always give clues!
10   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2018 Dec 11, 9:04am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Is this an NSA roundup for GITMO?
11   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 11, 10:51am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Welp, I'm here, no bots. :(
12   mell   ignore (6)   2018 Dec 11, 11:11am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What about tomorrow
13   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 11, 11:27am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@mell, we could do something together eventually. This is kind of short noticed.Maybe like a Giants game...
14   mell   ignore (6)   2018 Dec 11, 11:34am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@rbitchtree are you open to switching jobs by any chance? We're hiring. Node.js java scala some python. Mostly backend though.
15   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 11, 11:38am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I be up for doing Node.js and Python. Don't know much about java and Scala, but I'm sure I could pick it up. Could you connect on linkedin and we will discuss it more?
16   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 11, 11:38am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

17   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Dec 11, 11:43am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@rbirchtree I'll stop by the Corner Bakery in about 15m.
18   mell   ignore (6)   2018 Dec 11, 11:48am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@rbirchtree done.
19   mell   ignore (6)   2018 Dec 11, 11:51am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What the hell in the car but will show up as well.
21   MrMagic   ignore (10)   2018 Dec 11, 2:27pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

rbirchtree says
Rofl!

Why??

Was it all a ruse and a set up with the meeting?
22   rox42   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 11, 3:12pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

No ruse! There was a meeting.
23   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostakovitch   ignore (56)   2018 Dec 11, 6:16pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I have to get batteries for the bullhorn on the way, so excuse me if I'm late.
24   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Dec 11, 8:37pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APHAman says
SEIG HEIL!

Patrick why are you censoring all my posts?

Chill out and be polite like the other kids.

rbirchtree says
No ruse! There was a meeting.

There was. Happy to have met you @rbirchtree

Please write p@patrick.net if you would like to register to comment