please check out the anti-mandate news »

Has anyone read this book? Comments

By indigenous follow indigenous   2017 Feb 24, 11:59am 2,702 views   5 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

1   someone else   ignore (0)   2017 Feb 24, 12:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I've heard it's good, but never did read it.

The book that influenced my investing the most was this one:

2   indigenous   ignore (0)   2017 Feb 27, 11:50am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What is the nutshell on this book Patrick?

3   someone else   ignore (0)   2017 Feb 27, 11:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

indigenous says

What is the nutshell on this book Patrick?

Basically this: Use your personal experience with the products and their popularity to pick stocks that are likely to do well.

Peter Lynch is also a fundamentalist: look at the p/e, peg ratio, and debt, etc.

4   Strategist   ignore (2)   2017 Feb 27, 12:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

indigenous says

Yes, more than 30 years ago. It was a required reading in one of my finance classes.
Brilliant book. Highly recommend it. The insight you gain will make a positive difference on your investment thinking for ever.

5   indigenous   ignore (0)   2017 Feb 27, 12:05pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

rando says

Thanks Patrick

Strategist says

Thanks Strat. I did read it and agree with you, and it is easily back tested. The only questionable part in my mind is whether or not the stock market is currently overvalued. I think it is.

I also like the idea of using emerging market index funds, the two that look most interesting to me are India and Nigeria.

BTW it has been updated and now is in it's 11th edition