Limit on Name Changing?

Limit on Name Changing?

By freak80 following x   2012 Sep 26, 3:10am 5,283 views   17 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Should there be a limit on how often one can change their name?

Seems to be a common troll strategy to get around the "ignore" feature.

It it possible to do?

1   curious2   ignore (1)   2012 Sep 26, 3:22am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Is that why you changed your name from wthrfrk, or are you ignoring me?

2   someone else   ignore (0)   2012 Sep 26, 3:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

freak80 says

Seems to be a common troll strategy to get around the "ignore" feature.

Changing your username should not get around the ignore feature. Ignore is by user ID, which does not change no matter what you change your name to.

But what some people do is register multiple accounts, each one from a different email address.

3   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2012 Sep 26, 4:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (4)     quote

The Liberals on this board are the biggest insult to the freedom of speech.
None of you bastards deserve the right even mutter the word Liberal IMHO.

My Dad would have whooped the lot of you with Ronald Regan's uterus.

4   curious2   ignore (1)   2012 Sep 26, 4:03am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

CaptainShuddup says

Some of you may have known me as...

Tenpoundbass
Tenouncetrout
TPB
DONE
The GOP
and now this is Captain Shuddup signing off for good.

So long everybody.

Evidently someone else is now posting under the Captain's name? And, since this is a thread about name changing, why did the Captain change names so often?

5   Bigsby   ignore (10)   2012 Sep 26, 4:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

CaptainShuddup says

My Dad would have whooped the lot of you with Ronald Regan's uterus.

Ronald Regan? Was that one of your neighbours?

6   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2012 Sep 26, 4:45am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (3)     quote

Bigsby says

Ronald Regan? Was that one of your neighbours?

Back when this was Democracy with the Freedom of speech my Father was the most vocal out spoken loather of Ronald Regan. If someone were to even whisper about Obama, what my father exclaimed about Regan, the Secret service would come haul you away and throw you in Guantanamo.

The only thing my father despised more were Socialist and Commies.

7   leo707   ignore (1)   2012 Sep 26, 4:51am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

curious2 says

CaptainShuddup says

and now this is Captain Shuddup signing off for good.

So long everybody.

So much for having any resolve, follow-through or strength of character.

I wonder what his uterus wielding father would have thought of that.

At least we could have gotten another name change.

8   leo707   ignore (1)   2012 Sep 26, 4:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

CaptainShuddup says

The Liberals on this board are the biggest insult to the freedom of speech.

*snicker*

Yes, because champions of free speech say things like...
CaptainShuddup says

None of you bastards deserve the right even mutter the word Liberal IMHO.

You so funny Shaddup!

9   rooemoore   ignore (1)   2012 Sep 26, 4:57am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

CaptainShuddup says

It's true. You don't see anyone in America daring to say anything bad about Obama.

Also, it is Ronald Reagan. Donald Regan was Ronnie's boss.

BTW, welcome back. Always nice to have another wing-nut to laugh at.

10   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Sep 27, 12:53am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

My mistake.

11   elliemae   ignore (0)   2012 Sep 27, 5:19am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

CaptainShuddup says

he Liberals on this board are the biggest insult to the freedom of speech.
None of you bastards deserve the right even mutter the word Liberal IMHO.

Way to stay on topic, dude.

12   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Sep 27, 6:00am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

CS,

You are now officially insane. That's not an insult, it's an observation.

13   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2012 Sep 27, 6:26am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

freak80 says

You are now officially insane.

Oh that's like the Mini bus stopping in front of the Mensa society, to pick up a passenger.

14   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Sep 27, 11:37pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I forget, how do I "unfriend" again? I tried clicking on "my profile" and saw I could "unignore" but I did not see how to "unfriend."

15   someone else   ignore (0)   2012 Sep 28, 2:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

freak80 says

Look up the user in http://patrick.net/users.php and there should be an "Unfriend" link there. It was missing for a while but should be back now. My fault.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

16   leo707   ignore (1)   2012 Sep 28, 2:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

freak80 says

Why so unfriendly?

17   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Sep 28, 2:56am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

It was missing for a while but should be back now. My fault.

Good, that means I'm not actually crazy. Although some forum members may disagree. I could have sworn I had "unfriended" before w/o any problem.

It works fine now, at least on my end.

Comment as anon_0d151 or log in at top of page: