"Ignore This Thread" option?

By freak80 following x   2012 Jul 30, 1:43am 2,266 views   7 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

Would anyone else be interested in an "ignore this thread" option?

I'd like the ability to ignore "zombie" threads and those that de-generate into personal attacks over the direction of future prices.

1   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2012 Jul 30, 1:59am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Sounds good to me but then nobody would read my BS.

2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2012 Jul 30, 4:40am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

The Spanish inquisition could have been avoided with the simple invoking of the "Ignore" button.

What if the Catholics just called Luther a Troll, then all put him on ingnore?

3   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 30, 7:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It would be a good way to get "unproductive" threads (i.e those reduced to personal argument) less attention and moved "down the list."

4   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 31, 12:14am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Anyone else think an "ignore this thread" option would be helpful? I'm just hearing crickets at this point.

chirp...chirp...chirp...

5   jhall   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 31, 1:09am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I read this a few minutes ago and couldn't see a reason for this feature. And then I read the headline behind Buyer Beware posted today.

Maybe Ignore this Thread is a good idea...

6   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 31, 7:07am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Maybe everyone will just ignore *this* thread. ;-)

7   Randy H   ignore (0)   2012 Aug 4, 2:58am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Meta-moderation. Slashdot had this figured out 15 years ago.