What to do and see in Singapore

By BayArea follow BayArea   2019 Feb 28, 7:07am 783 views   6 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Hi all,

I’m heading to Singapore and looking for recommendations on what to see and do,

Time will be limited but I should have a free night or two.

Any recommendations or good things to know? I’ve been to China, Taiwan, Japan many times but this will be my first time to south east Asia.

Thanks

1   Blue   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 28, 10:42am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You might like to walk at Marina Bay, Sentosa island is good but its mostly for young and kids. Botanic Gardens - reasonable good. Note, if you go from USA, lot of things are boring and expensive there.
2   CornPoptheOriginalGangster   ignore (5)   2019 Feb 28, 11:16am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The Battle Box! Fort Canning, where the British tried to resist the Japanese. Really great exhibit.

Also, don't rush through Changi Airport, it's amazing and how US Airports should be.

I found the food cheap, and much of the electronics and clothes, but that was about 15 years ago.
3   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2019 Feb 28, 1:02pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Everything you need is in the Airport.
I was held over once for 12 hours there. The Hilton is literally above the Food Court.

I walked past Steve Bannon (I didn't know who he was at the time) who was eating at a Burger King as I was rushing to catch the Shuttle Train to where the terminals are.
I was just happy to see another American hadn't seen one in 2 days.
Me:"Hey is the Burger King as good as back in the States?"
Bannon: with a big frown "NO! The Bacon is Turkey Bacon!"
4   AD   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 28, 3:03pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
I’m heading to Singapore and looking for recommendations on what to see and do,

Time will be limited but I should have a free night or two.

You could probably see everything there is to see in Singapore in 1 day via a walking tour. What is it , like 10 square miles of sovereign space (i.e., country) ?
5   CornPoptheOriginalGangster   ignore (5)   2019 Feb 28, 3:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Oh, Hainanese Chicken Rice. Try it! Best place: Food Courts, all over the place. So clean you can eat off the ground.

Also, get your mouth set for chicken, pork, fish. Avoid the beef because it's often water buffalo, very stringy and often tough.
6   Rin   ignore (3)   2019 Feb 28, 3:18pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If you want easy hoes, go to the nightclubs at Orchard Tower. There are plenty there.

Otherwise, order an escort from one of the websites for your hotel.