WHY TODAY'S MEDIA MAKES US DESPISE ONE ANOTHER BY MATT TAIBBI

By jazz_music follow jazz_music   2020 Oct 4, 11:58am 511 views   24 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

This lays it out perfectly. The death of truth in America. The whole evolution of our popular divide since 1980.

You got to listen to this episode whether or not you like Matt Taibbi. It makes PERFECT sense.

It's all about how media figured out how to continue making money even with the internet: They exploited a new form of addiction from talk radio statistics.

The last half is Q&A: very good too.

1   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Oct 4, 12:59pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Welcome back. Not sure if I'm on ignore. I'll listen later, but my guess is Matt is just doing what all the media does and he has been doing forever. He's trying to make money. There's not an authentic bone in the guys body. He'll ebb and flow in whatever direction makes him money as a so called "journalist" type.
2   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Oct 4, 4:07pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The birth pangs of the arrogant lisping woke progressive hipster being red pilled by age and experience is a thing to behold.
3   Fortwaynemobile   ignore (3)   2020 Oct 4, 4:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Media owned by few corporations, and just few billionaires playing what those billionaires want. Media needs breaking up.
4   Shaman   ignore (2)   2020 Oct 4, 6:42pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I like Matt, but this is too long.
5   Rb6d   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 4, 7:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

I kinda disagree - Matt seems to be genuine, and even though I can not accept all that he says, in grand scheme of things he seems to be right. Remeber vampire squid from ca. 2008 bank crisis...
6   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Oct 5, 4:18am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Brd6 says

I'm not going to lie, I simply just don't like him and don't even care what he has to say. His demeanor makes me think he's a ass hat and probably beats or fucks kids. And I'm being honest that I've given him a chance, but just can't stand the dude. I still will probably watch some of this at some point, but I'm 99% of the time spot on about judging someone's character and it hasn't failed me yet. More difficult not having met the guy in person, but from my observation of the guy something is off.
7   Shaman   ignore (2)   2020 Oct 5, 9:23am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ok finally had time to listen to this one. Good stuff. He breaks it down so it’s not about left vs right as much as an intentional switch to agitation of the public and corralling people into their ideological niches and keeping them there frantically watching their favorite news source to make money on ads.

I did like how Matt kept shutting down the cat lady prog interviewer with her woketard questions. Maybe she learned something, hard to say.
8   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Oct 5, 9:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Shaman says

Follow up on my earlier comment. He does have some decent points of view. I just don't trust his character. Dude has skeletons somewhere and they'll come out eventually. I'll try to give it a listen this afternoon even though the guy rubs me the wrong way (insert gay joke).
9   Rb6d   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 5, 9:28am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
Dude has skeletons somewhere

likely he is using strong substances, but that does not distract from message, at least for me
10   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Oct 5, 9:39am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Brd6 says
likely he is using strong substances

I'm fine with that actually. I could be 100% wrong, but he has a pedophile vibe. Not sure how to describe it or how I see what I'm thinking. Something is off with the guy outside of his work as a journalist. That then taints my view of his work, some of which I thought was abhorrent years ago. He's seeming to come around, but his past thoughts I guess are what make me question his private life.
11   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Oct 19, 1:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Wow, a gaggle of progressive 180 degree flips all in one thread. Yay! Flip the script to justify theft and further the delusion of free shit! Any means are justified, morals, ethics and facts shall not stand in the way of the revolution!

When your most reliable and predictable trait is theft, then one tends not to credit any other agitprop that flows from the source.
12   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Oct 19, 1:22pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

When do we get to the stealing part. That's always more fun than making up dialectic shit.
13   Eric Holder   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 19, 1:22pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

IIRC, Matt started his career in Moscow where he was one of the founders of The eXile magazine. During that time he was heaping endless praise on Russia and Putin braying how Russia is infinitely more free country than US. Until they were brutally shut down by the same government they were praising so highly and forced to flee. His judgement, shall we say, is questionable at best.
14   Eric Holder   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 19, 1:27pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
Eric Holder says
IIRC, Matt started his career in Moscow

And boom here comes the irrelevant change of subjects.

Exactly. Why did you change the subject from Matt's judgement and credibility?
15   Eric Holder   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 19, 1:46pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
Eric Holder says
Exactly. Why did you change the subject

Because the OP is only strengthened by Taibbi’s background

... of naivete and Russian regime ass-licking? Sorry, not everybody values that.
16   Eric Holder   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 19, 1:52pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
Eric Holder says

Certainly no serious thought behind shit posting, is there.

In fact shit posting is an addiction y’all can indulge in while you’re supposed to be working.

RIGHT???

Dude, I was reading his drivel back in the late 90s and early 00s and shaking my head at his proclamations about "freedom in Russia". You probably have learned about his very existence today.

PS. https://patrick.net/post/1318444/2018-08-24-how-come-liberals-lack-critical-thinking-skills

PPS. Somebody is clearly abusing the flag button.
18   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Oct 19, 2:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Eric Holder says
PPS. Somebody is clearly abusing the flag button.

True. Privileges downgraded for jazz_music for now.

Can't we all just get along?

(Lol. I know the answer.)
19   EBGuy   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 19, 2:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Dbr6 says

Well, he did mention that Hunter Thompson is one if his idols...
20   EBGuy   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 19, 2:47pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostakovitch says
Tibia needs to confess that Trump's only reasonable course of action is to appoint Putin Veep

Good to see you still posting. I was afraid you got taken out by a Turkish drone.
21   Shaman   ignore (2)   2020 Oct 19, 2:48pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think the story here in the OP is that EVEN this guy who’s been a part of the problem for decades has finally been Red pilled to the absolutely horrifying censorship and fascist stultification of the press by internal socialist oligarch forces and isn’t happy that his gig as a reporter has changed from being a journalist of questionable ideologies to a flat out prostitute for the oligarchy.
He took the John’s money and now DOESNT want to put out!
Typical whiny bitch.
22   FortWayneAsNancyPelosiHaircut   ignore (4)   2020 Oct 19, 3:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

From Journalism to straight up propaganda sales, that's literally most of our media today.
23   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Oct 19, 4:37pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Did Taibbi have trouble getting a job as fiction news writer at NYT, so he is red pilling until they hire him?

I would think that a history of drug grandiose gonzo progressivism would have been an eminent qualification.
24   FortWayneAsNancyPelosiHaircut   ignore (4)   2020 Oct 19, 10:42pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Matt might be the last classic liberal left. Soon he'll have only two options, become a nobody or join the NPC cult that mouthes leftists slogans without question. If they tell you to fucking say "black lives matter" or whatever else dumb double standarded shit left comes up in their 30 minutes of regularly scheduled hate, you better scream it like you mean it, or else you are fired.