In good news

By FuckTheMainstreamMedia follow FuckTheMainstreamMedia   2020 Aug 10, 2:14pm 238 views   5 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Took the wifey to the range this weekend. In her 40+ years on the planet she had never even so much as held a gun.

She did alright. A little jittered but by the third time through she got every shot on the target. The 9mm shook her a bit(she’s very much a girly girl) but she did plenty fine with a .22 revolver. I’ll try to get her to mostly shoot the 9mm in a few weeks when we do this again.

I was very proud of her. She has now 1.) voted for a Republican for governor 2.) strongly considered moving to a more conservative state 3.) gone target shooting.

We’ve only been married for about 5 years so I like to think I’ve had a very positive influence on her life.
1   joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 10, 2:20pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That's awesome! Is she getting her CCW and what state are you in?
2   FuckTheMainstreamMedia   ignore (7)   2020 Aug 10, 2:22pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

joshuatrio says
That's awesome! Is she getting her CCW and what state are you in?

No chance on ccw. We’re in California.

The “peaceful protestors” were too close to home, and caused too much mayhem. Scared her enough to make her want us to have guns in the house.
3   clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Aug 10, 3:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It’s too bad that they don’t allow the sale of the Glock 42 in California, it’s the only Glock that’s got an okay trigger, and it’s got lower recoil than a 9, it’s .380 . She would like it I bet.

I’m now in California and I had to get rid of the magazines my other guns came with because they had 15 round capacity.

I was pleased recently seeing more capital gains with my investments until I realized that I am fucked for taxes in California, so I can’t spend it here. Over time I would pay $250,000+ to the Franchise tax board. No thank you.

I wish I had been able to contribute more to an IRA when the limit was just $2000/year.
4   joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 10, 3:26pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

clambo says

The 42 is a great gun. I fired that and its an easy shot. The MP shield .380 is solid as well.
5   socal2   ignore (1)   2020 Aug 10, 3:52pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I took an NRA basic pistol course at the Escondido Fish and Game facility this past Saturday. I just wanted to get some range time and try out a few other pistols while I wait another month for my Glock 19 to arrive. I got to shoot a Sig320, G17 and G19. I really liked shooting the Glocks better. There were 8 students and 5 of them were former military, experienced shooters taking the class on their way to becoming instructors. They all brought their own guns, mostly Glocks modded up with red dots.

I was only allowed to buy a gun because my Hillary voting wife got sick of watching all of the BLM riots and Democrats advocating for defunding the police.