China Threatens “Mortal Combat” Over TikTok

By tanked follow tanked   2020 Aug 7, 12:42pm 208 views   10 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

F4t41ity!!

Seriously, with China banning Youtube and Facebook and Google how in the world can they claim this is unfair.

Banning is for thee, not for me.

To me banning a foreign nation's service is a digital tariff. China intended to have Baidu grow so banned the google.com domain to let that happen.

Now Trump is taking his China Tariffs to the digital space. (Also WeChat is banned).
1   GlocknLoad   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 7, 1:14pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Who gives a shit? Ban all this bullshit or regulate it. They're skirting at least 1 very important law(?).
2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2020 Aug 7, 2:20pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think unless your offer nothing but simple html web space and don't supply one single line of code for the content you host for them, like Webspace was before Web 2.0.
Then all Social Networks and Platforms should follow the Broadcast decency laws. It was expected that would eventually happen around 1995 - 1997, but the Free Speech advocates pitched a bitch about it, and tugged at our 1@ heart strings.

Now fast forward 2 decades later, and the 1@ is rapidly disappearing. I say regulate it all.

I remember my first web content I made and going to push it to my ATT supplied webspace. The button in Front Page said "Publish", it gave me pause and it conjured up thoughts you would have if you were publishing a book. Suddenly it felt more Formal than some trivial affair, I thought of it before then. But I later realized it was a choice of words they used for the button label, and it's not really publishing.

I also remember around the same time, everyone was saying, be careful what you post on the Internet, it will be there for ever.

But when the Big Tech companies we know have ruling the web space came on the scene and pretty much destroyed all of the small hosing services. I remember around that time, seeing pallets and pallets of Servers for sale on Ebay for cheap. Not realizing that was all the servers that was hosing "Geocities", "Harmony Music Review", all of the free 500 megs of webspace your Internet provider you to give you for free. All of the Passion Projects people hosted in their websites far more than web content creators. These people were documenting how to build a cabinet, Service specs and manuals for Hammond Organs, or Leslie Speakers, I mean you name it. everything under the sun somebody had a Web Site dedicated to it. That was far more encompassing than a cheesy YouTube video, where the guy says he'll post the details in the description but they almost never do.

I say regulate the Fuck out of Social Networks and Tech Companies that give platforms where people build a presence using their tools.

These services vary from a simple Website like Patrick has here, as Patrick is nothing more than a Conversation forum, nobody is going to make a name or a mark for themselves on Patrick.net, he provides no tools to customize your content and carve out a section of website for your own personal sound board. That being the difference.
3   Fortwaynemobile   ignore (3)   2020 Aug 7, 2:36pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Good

Everyone who pays attention knows social media been politically weaponized.
4   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Aug 8, 2:52am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Have IHLlary and Dianne Feinstein fled to the Chinese embassy yet requesting asylum? They never would have let this happen to TikTok I-Spy media.
5   Onvacation   ignore (5)   2020 Aug 8, 10:09am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

He will for money. Isn't that right @Patrick ?
6   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Aug 8, 10:28am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I offered to set up a forum like this to anyone who wanted to pay for one, but got no interest.
7   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Aug 8, 10:29am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Let me know what the biggest flaws are with this forum technically. I know there are many and have a long list, but my day job gets in the way of doing a lot of work on patrick.net.
8   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Aug 8, 11:58am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Breaking News: "China agrees to share TikTok data with NSA in new deal!"
9   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Aug 8, 7:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TikTok was the greatest intelligence asset to the CCP since IHLlary's server!
10   Misc   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 9, 9:36am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says
Breaking News: "China agrees to share TikTok data with NSA in new deal!"

Everyone at the NSA already uses TikTok.

Please write p@patrick.net if you would like to register to comment