please check out the anti-mandate news »

Deceased cat gets voter registration application in the mail

By Booger follow Booger   2020 Jul 11, 12:47pm 582 views   4 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

When Ron Tims checked his mail Wednesday he found something addressed to Cody Tims. Cody doesn't get much mail. Cody is a cat. He died 12 years ago. The family keeps his ashes in a green container.

"A great cat, indoor and outdoor, loved his family, loved his neighborhood. He was 18 and a half when he passed away," said Carol Tims.

The Tims were surprised, and a bit amused when they saw what Cody received in the mail.

"We have a voter registration application for Cody Tims! How did this happen? It's not reality, he's a cat and he's been dead for a long time," said Carol Tims.

Carol Tims says she understands that in this election year there's a huge push to get people to the polls.

"There's a huge push but if they're trying to register cats, I'm not sure who else they're trying to register. I'm not sure if they're trying to register dogs, mice, snakes," said Tims.

The Secretary of State's Office says the application did not come from their office. They say third party groups often use mailing lists to get names and addresses. They released a statement saying:

"Third-party groups all over the country are targeting Georgia to help register qualified individuals. This group makes you wonder what these out-of-town activists are really doing. Make no mistake about it, this office is dedicated to investigating all types of fraud."

The Secretary of State's Office says they're quite sure that even if Cody were still alive and showed up at the polls, he wouldn't be allowed to vote since he did not have a license or state ID.
1   Karloff   ignore (0)   2020 Jul 11, 1:46pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

One voter registration application for Santos L. Halper, coming right up.
2   Automan Empire   ignore (1)   2020 Jul 11, 3:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

There's already a thread on this. I get mail addressed to people who moved out more than a dozen years ago all the time. The takeaway to me isn't "Look a proven case of voter fraud!" but rather "People sell shit mailing lists daily, bite the bullet and buy a proper Lexis-Nexis filter for your direct mail campaigns." You're better off handing out dollar bills to strangers on the street hoping they'll come spend them at your store, than using a mailing list because it's cheap upfront. Sending voter registration forms to a cheap mailing list hoping the recipients will ultimately vote for your cause or candidate sounds like an analagous level of message-in-a-bottle hope and pray that will never approach the 1% conversion rate typical of well-performing direct mail campaigns.
3   FuckCCP89   ignore (6)   2020 Jul 11, 5:37pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Automan Empire says

I get voting ballots for people who used to live in my house before me. What's weird they started to come only in the last couple of cycles and not for the adults who used to live there but for their kids. I figured they reached the voting age and somehow got automatically enrolled. They aren't even living in California since 2011, so where the fuck the data to register them and enroll them into mail-only voting is coming from? Can't be the DMV. School district?

PS. In case anyone wondered what I do with these ballots - I shred them.
4   RC2006   ignore (2)   2020 Jul 11, 6:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FuckCCP89 says
Automan Empire says

PS. In case anyone wondered what I do with these ballots - I shred them.
same except mine are dead people.