Forced Diversity gets kicked to the curb at Berkshire

By Hircus follow Hircus   2020 May 3, 3:03pm 546 views   4 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Buffet encouraged shareholders to reject the measure, and they voted in line with his recommendation.

I'm happy with the outcome, but I'm not happy that I feel a sense of relief. I shouldn't ever feel like there's danger of such anti-meritocracy lies and nonsense being voted in, but sometimes it happens.
1   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 May 3, 3:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That's called NOT putting your money where your mouth is.
2   marcus   ignore (11)   2020 May 3, 3:32pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The biggest reason it's a problem is that sometimes what they are searching for at high levels might be something where it's hard to find as many as one or two really good candidates. In that kind of situation, saying that there must be at least one female and one non white candidate is only going to emphasize that it's annoyingly perfunctory and goes almost against the purpose of sincerely wanting to increase diversity. It's understandable though that they would consider putting in a rule, just becasue of many peoples natural tendencies otherwise to keep it less diverse.
3   Fortwaynemobile   ignore (3)   2020 May 3, 5:19pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Forced diversity is unconstitutional as it goes against freedom of association.
4   MisdemeanorRebel   ignore (3)   2020 May 3, 6:00pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

OccasionalCortex says

Ummmm...isn't that like basically saying, "Don't worry baby, I'll pull out!"...only to not pull out but shove it in as deep as it will go and cum, cum, cum?

I got burned with that tactic, in a sense...