Fauci calls out conspiracy theories over overstated COVID-19 death toll

By ThreeBays follow ThreeBays   2020 Apr 10, 1:53am 1,093 views   32 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

“There is absolutely no evidence that that’s the case at all,” Fauci told NBC on Thursday. “I think it falls under the category of something that’s very unfortunate – these conspiracy theories that we hear about. Any time we have a crisis of any sort there is always this popping up of conspiracy theories.”

Haha, ruckers.
1   clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Apr 10, 8:55am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I don’t know about the conspiracy he’s talking about, but plenty of people have the CDC is inept theories.

A million dead, then a couple hundred thousand dead, then a hundred thousand dead were all mentioned.

All of the figures mentioned by Fauci et Al were high compared to reality.
2   Onvacation   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 8:59am     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

"Pearl Harbour" week is not over. Massive numbers of people are going to die in this "worst week of death" we have yet to experience.
4   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 9:59am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Too few deaths. All the weak should die. MAGA!

the coronavirus death toll is much higher than the official figures suggest, rather than it being inflated. The CDC has acknowledged its count is an “underestimation” because it only tallies cases where Covid-19 has been confirmed in a laboratory test.

Epidemiologists say a widespread lack of initial testing in the US means many people died without being counted, while even now some people who die at home or in nursing homes are not being tested for the virus.

In New York City, more than 200 people are dying at home each day during the pandemic, according to city officials, a very much higher rate than usual. Bill de Blasio, New York City’s mayor, has estimated that about 100 to 200 people a day who die at home in the city are not being included in the official virus death count
5   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 11:07am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Fauci: "I hate all these inaccurate conspiracy theories. Truth is, we're fucking you and your so called Constitution and there's NOTHING you can do about it. LOL!"
6   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2020 Apr 10, 12:17pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I don't think Fauci believes there's a difference between conspiracy and conspiracy theory.
7   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 12:19pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"It's not a conspiracy when we're dong it flagrantly and publicly under everybody's dumass noses. LOL!"
8   georgeliberte   ignore (0)   2020 Apr 10, 12:33pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

“There is absolutely no evidence that that’s the case at all,” Fauci told NBC.
I suppose a well-crafted plan would leave evidence everywhere?
9   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 12:35pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Fauci: "Toilet paper? Here's your goddam toilet paper. LOL!"
10   ThreeBays   ignore (4)   2020 Apr 10, 2:55pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The man's trying to save your life, and you're all like "fuck life, I prefer to be contrarian".
11   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Apr 10, 4:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ThreeBays says

You're cool then with ONE MAN (I know there's more, but he's the medical front man) controlling how you live your life? In certain areas you can get arrested or fined for doing completely mundane things. His advice has completely shut down much of the economy causing people hardship, from something that had a 99% of not hurting them. That's okay in your world?

Sorry, I don't care how credentialed he is. At some point it's a risk versus reward situation. Not one person is 100% correct and the faith put in Fauci is a bit misguided for the actual danger of the virus. It's looking like the death toll was dramatically overblown at this point. And mind you I'm one of the people that has taken this seriously, I've just had the opinion it's overblown and bull shit. This is going to go down as maybe the biggest overreaction in the history of humanity.

And everyone was worried about Trump being a dictator.... we got short stack, dry mouth ass wagon controlling national economies at this point. I think some think this is a victory. You're fucking retarded and should be shot in the face if you think this is a victory.
12   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 5:07pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FINES!!!

We got to use all those wifi surveillance cameras and cell phone towers logs to help pay off the bailout and provide S&M sessions for saints in blue armor

Audit, correlate, and SWAT-raid ALL violators WOOP WOOP MAGA
13   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 5:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rule of the New World Order: If a public official publicly decries 'conspiracy theories' to discredit (remember, this term was made up by the intelligence agencies), then it is the best sign that there is an actual conspiracy he is trying to cover up.
14   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 5:12pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says
If a public official publicly decries 'conspiracy theories', then there is an actual conspiracy he is trying to cover up
You noticed gaslit nation!
15   ThreeBays   ignore (4)   2020 Apr 10, 5:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

\WookieMan says

You seem to be answering your own question there that it's not one man. Regardless, our form of government gives certain powers to centralized decision makers for good reason. Whether you agree with the decision or not doesn't change that.

WookieMan says

Credentials matter though. Don't you trust doctors with your life, more than laypeople who don't have any expertise, or worse, whose opinion is largely ruled by what news channel they watch?

This decision is entirely about risk versus reward. First of all, nobody knows what's 100% correct -- the best anyone could do is be scientific about it. Secondly you can't satisfy everyone either way. If the decision was to let the disease rip, you would have a lot of people screaming bloody murder. Either way, it would be decided by a central government figure and not by you or me.

WookieMan says
It's looking like the death toll was dramatically overblown at this point.

It's the opposite really. Even if we ignore the worst case estimates, now there's data showing that the situation in Chicago and most cities was stopped from becoming anywhere near as bad as NYC. The guidance from Fauci & others has been followed by Americans well and worked better than anticipated.

We don't yet have the serological test data that could show that it was overblown or not.
16   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 5:49pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ThreeBays says
Don't you trust doctors with your life, more than laypeople
Borrrrrrringgggggg

Malpractice insurance is all they need
17   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 5:50pm     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

A huuuge number of people have died at home and not accounted for
18   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 5:51pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Can't tell the difference between a political figurehead doctor shilling for private interests and private doctors who might actually be concerned for your life and health? Your powers of discrimination are amazing.
19   Tenpoundbass   ignore (16)   2020 Apr 10, 5:52pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Liberals have always been Snake Oil salesmen. Remember when they wouldn't let Republican Lincoln Cure Slavery?

They wanted to sure them with hot lead instead.
20   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 5:54pm     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Cure Slavery
The word was changed to “associatery”

Because inmates and foreigners were always fair game

MAGA
22   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Apr 10, 7:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ThreeBays says

You're talking about Trump, right?
23   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Apr 10, 7:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
A huuuge number of people have died at home and not accounted for

How do you know?
24   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 10, 7:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
jazz_music says
A huuuge number of people have died at home and not accounted for

How do you know?

Fan the flames for no particular meaningful purpose.
25   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2020 Apr 10, 7:52pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says
Patrick says
jazz_music says
A huuuge number of people have died at home and not accounted for

How do you know?

Fan the flames for no particular meaningful purpose.
What flames?

Nursing home deaths are not reported either as COVID deaths according to Cuomo 200 every day

You read Breitbart until the end of time and never know this.

Everyone knows it’s a hoax anyway, you can learn that Fox-fapping to Trish Reagan’s tits
26   ThreeBays   ignore (4)   2020 Apr 10, 8:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
ThreeBays says

You're talking about Trump, right?

Yeah, him too.
27   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Apr 11, 8:28am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ThreeBays says

Nope. I actually don't trust doctors at all. You trust Realtors? They've been trained and credentialed. How about trained chefs? In theory their food should be perfect because they're trained and credentialed in the field.

You're debating with someone that has been misdiagnosed by 3 different doctors for a relatively severe ailment. My father had cancer and multiple doctors fucked up multiple times over a decade with him. We're talking top notch hospitals (supposedly) in the Chicagoland region. Even the best of the best gas station cashiers will fuck up a count on the drawer and miss money. People's blind faith in credentials is hysterical. But hey, keep drinking the Koolaid because someone can read books well and test well.
28   Shaman   ignore (2)   2020 Apr 11, 9:33am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nursing home deaths are natural causes no matter the cause. These people are on the way out.
Better if they cack sooner than later.
29   mell   ignore (6)   2020 Apr 11, 9:43am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
ThreeBays says

This. I had a few years with a very poorly understood and never properly diagnosed condition after terminal shit such as Aids was ruled out (CFS/PVFS) that left me reeling, worst years of my life. I eventually cured myself with a novel immune stimulant that was hard to get by customs and semi legal and slowly picking up exercise and went all the way to run a few half marathons. I had highly paid MDs looking up the medical encyclopedia to search for terms and conditions I suggested to them right in front of me, this was when I (with a medical degree myself) walked out and realized most MDs were useless. I have great respect for some of the stuff surgeons do but outside of surgery you should only visit MDs to get access to diagnostic tests, then educate yourself and decide the best course of action if any needed. Most of their knowledge is 20 years old from Medical School books and they never brush up on newest studies but push pills instead. Their credentials mean shit. At least one surgeon back then was honest and said 'we don't know anything about modern or novel conditions so outside of surgery I won't treat' .
30   Patrick   ignore (1)   2020 Apr 11, 10:36am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

We had a similar situation with my dad. Over and over, the doctors were much more clueless than the nurses, because the doctors just swoop in and out, not really taking much time, while the nurses are there with the patient over the longer term and actually personally do stuff all the time and know how it's likely to go.

Even the nurses make mistakes, especially when they get rotated into a new patient.

You really are responsible for your own treatment, and that of your family. No doctor or even nurse really cares as much and they are not paying all that much attention.
31   WookieMan   ignore (7)   2020 Apr 11, 11:08am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says

Yet many here treat an epidemiologist's word as religion. They treat scientific MODELS as fact. They're models, they mean fucking nothing when one says 10k deaths and another says 2M. I don't care about SIP either. Might as well play Russian roulette if you want to follow these models. Everyone I know is still generally going out. During the most contagious phase of this most everything was wide open. It's like humans got on set retardation or something.

I'm not an anti vax person either. I just don't trust humans, plain and simple. Way too many people are putting faith into too few humans in all this. We don't know anyone's motivation or their actual skill regardless of the framed paper on the wall in an office. I have an FAA license and a brokers license, no joke. I don't practice either, but does that still make me an expert?

Sorry for the rant. Just getting frustrated in people putting all their eggs in one basket and believe that basket is the best/safest. It's not. And history will prove that.
32   ThreeBays   ignore (4)   2020 Apr 12, 4:47pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says

I guess, maybe this is true in the states.

Haven't had super major things to get taken care of. One time my kid hit himself on the edge of some furniture and cut the top of his eyelid open. I took him into the ER. The doc checks him out and says to me "We need to use stitches or skin glue. Skin glue leaves less scar but there's a risk of dripping some in his eye. What do you want to do?". I was like, wtf is the doctor asking me how to do it? My kid will be more freaked out by a needle in his eyelid. So I tell them "why don't you put something to cover his eye while you put the glue on?". Doc: "ooh, good idea". LOL

But, listen to this medical genius who looks after his family -- Fauci is right ;-)