SF residents buy boulders, place them on sidewalk to thwart homeless tents

By FuckCCP89 follow FuckCCP89   2019 Sep 24, 12:45pm 1,307 views   13 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Residents of a San Francisco side street are so fed up with tents pitched on the sidewalk by homeless people that they have trucked in boulders to discourage camping.

About two dozen of the massive rocks, each weighing hundreds of pounds, create barriers on a half-block stretch of Clinton Park, a side street off Market and Dolores streets. The boulders don't block the sidewalk, but do limit the space available for tents.

Neighbor David Smith-Tan told KTVU that his family received a letter from the neighborhood about a month ago addressing the sidewalk problem.

"A bunch of my neighbors, we all chipped in a few hundred dollars and I guess this is what they came up with," he said.

Smith-Tan said the area is frequented by drug users who will "shoot up and stay overnight."

1   mell   ignore (6)   2019 Sep 24, 1:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

OccasionalCortex says
I still say this is the best solution yet:

Yeah very effective, except for it's wasted space. Rent it out to entrepreneurs and give them stand your ground rights. Could be a parking lot, skate park, and much more.
2   Ceffer   ignore (5)   2019 Sep 24, 1:36pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Santa Cruz a while ago took all the river overpasses and put chain link fences with gates and locks under the eaves to prevent the squatters from living under there.
3   Booger   ignore (7)   2019 Sep 24, 2:42pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

OccasionalCortex says
I still say this is the best solution yet:

Wouldn't land mines be cheaper and more effective?
4   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostakovitch   ignore (55)   2019 Sep 24, 2:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Snipers would be best - entertainment for patriots and low cost.
5   mell   ignore (6)   2019 Sep 24, 2:50pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says
Snipers would be best - entertainment for patriots and low cost.

Hire this man as new mayor of SF effective immediately!
6   SunnyvaleCA   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 24, 4:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm surprised people don't just use narrower tents. Those rocks are only on the edge of the sidewalk. Probably good at keeping trucks from driving up onto the curb also!
7   FortWayneIndiana   ignore (4)   2019 Sep 24, 4:37pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says
Snipers would be best - entertainment for patriots and low cost.

Refund ammo too, a must!
8   Shaman   ignore (2)   2019 Sep 24, 6:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I still think a bottle of lighter fluid and a match would solve most homeless tent issues.
9   Brd6   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 24, 6:36pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Why do the progressive people of San Francisco hate the homeless? They are just like THE ORANGE HITLER!!!
10   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 24, 10:38pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Today I tried to eat a burger and fries in peace at Super Duper on Market Street.

Of course a homeless guy who looked just like Charlie Manson comes up and starts telling me that I should give him some french fries. I gave him some to get him to go away, but regret it. He was definitely not trying to improve his life in any way, just another druggie.

Then another one comes up to me in the Caltrain station and wants "a dollar for the train." I said no.

A few minutes later, apparently not recognizing me and having made the rounds, he asks again. I didn't even answer. It's so relentless that anyone with civility will be beaten down to the point where the civility is gone.

If I had a bulldozer I'd push all their tents and shopping carts into the bay. Really getting sick of this shit. Literal shit. Addicts are selfish above all else. They care about nothing and no one beyond their drugs.
11   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 24, 10:44pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Eating on Market Street is a good way to contract a mean virus that wants nothing less than to fuck your shit up.
12   FortWayneIndiana   ignore (4)   2019 Sep 25, 1:21pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HEYYOU says
Can't fix a blank brain.

There are mental institutions for mentally ill.
Rehabs for addicts

We just need to leverage that. That'll cover most homeless. Few losers who are left after that, they'll just have to get their shit together.
13   FuckTheMainstreamMedia   ignore (7)   2019 Sep 25, 1:33pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says

You should absolutely despise Democrats at this point. There’s always been homeless, hobos, and bums, but never to this level and concentration. The Democrats are allowing it on purpose to force public provided housing.

Instead they should be making it difficult as possible to live on the streets, if not impossible.