Microsoft Word: now autocorrecting your text to conform to Newspeak

By cmdrda2leak follow cmdrda2leak   2019 May 13, 7:19am 948 views   9 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

a new MS word feature performs politically-correct autocorrections:

Dave Cullen is exactly right here: controlling what people think they should say is precursor to controlling what people do say is precursor to controlling what people think.
1   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2019 May 13, 7:22am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Use LibreOffice.
2   MisdemeanorRebel   ignore (3)   2019 May 13, 11:36am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Both Cullen and LibreOffice are great! Thanks Commander and HeadSet.
3   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 May 13, 5:27pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yet another reason to never use Microsoft products.
4   SunnyvaleCA   ignore (1)   2019 May 13, 6:32pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
Yet another reason to never use Microsoft products.
👍👍
The last version of Windows I used at home was NT 4.0. For work: Win 2000.
6   Rb6d   ignore (0)   2020 May 2, 7:43am     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostakovitch says
Word needs a PatNetSpeak plugin that changes all pronouns to FUCKFACE! and words like policeman to CENTURION! OF! FREEDOM!

And Trump to ORANGE JESUS
7   clambo   ignore (5)   2020 May 2, 9:01am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I haven’t used word for so long, maybe since I had a Windows craptop for some job 25+ years ago.

I’ve used google docs and turn off auto anything while I’m writing something.

I always preferred AppleWorks but it’s gone. I have an old MacBook that can run it still, but googledocs is saved in the cloud by default which is sometimes convenient.

The thought police are out there trying to get us to call illegal “undocumented” , Wuhan “Covid”, etc.

As a rule I don’t use Microsoft stuff and never bought their software.

Why anyone would actually buy Office is a mystery to me.
8   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 May 2, 10:48am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You get to download 'politically correct Word' for free when you get your Gates Implants with your mandatory immunizations.
9   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2020 May 2, 12:21pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I had set up all my companies computers with LibreOffice/OpenOffice and it worked great for years. Problems only came up with items like some outsider sending an Excel file that used eye candy formatting in the main title. Nothing in the meat of the spreadsheet, just the needless graphic that was incomparable with Calc. Also workers want to be able to put "Excel" or "Word" experience on a resume. I ended up having to spend thousands of company money to equip workers with Office. Unless you are a firm that uses VBA, there is no real reason not to use LibreOffice.