Why millions of people are getting hit with a surprise tax bill this year - Just GUESS, ASSHOLES!

By APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch following x   2019 Feb 12, 8:02am 684 views   19 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

"Most famously, TCJA either eliminated or curbed a whole bunch of popular tax deductions (including the home mortgage interest deduction and the state and local tax deduction) while also repealing a previously implemented phase-out of itemized deductions. Consequently, the value of most people’s tax deductions went down but some people got to deduct more. Then to compensate for these lost tax deductions, the Child Tax Credit got more generous and was also given to richer people and the standard deduction got much bigger. Individual tax rates, in turn, went down.

In the aggregate, this means higher taxes for a few people but lower taxes for the vast majority of Americans. It also means that virtually everyone’s tax situation is a little bit different from before, often in complicated ways related to the ins and outs of lost and gained deductions and credits. So everyone’s withholdings had to be calculated anew. "

AMERICA!

THAT WARM FEELING IN YOUR SNEAKERS IS THE BLOOD GUSHING OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLES!, AMERICA!

AMERICA!

FUCKED! IN! THE! ASS! ALMOST! AS! HARD! AS PUTIN FUCKS TRUMP IN THE ASS DURING THEIR LITTLE LIASONS!
1   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (38)   2019 Feb 12, 8:10am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Next year more TAX! REFORM! will include subsidies for billionaires to deduct the cost of helicopters and belt-fed ordnance to shoot working class people from the sky and ice picks to take the fillings out of their teeth.

WIN! WIN!
2   d6rB   ignore (1)   2019 Feb 12, 8:15am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Of course, it does not matter that the same people (who now get hit by lower returns) got more money in paychecks due to tax cuts.
It would be extremely nice if "journalists" would not suffer from terminal TDS and would actually try to be objective. But I understand, ORANGE MAN BAD, WHATEVER HE DOES IS HORRIBLE.
3   d6rB   ignore (1)   2019 Feb 12, 8:49am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says
Sure, the plan was 'make the rubes feel rich by throwing them pennies in the weekly pay packet' so they only experience the rape of transfer from their pathetic incomes for bonuses for billionaires once when the refund is crushed.

That is true, but the article should be titled "Plebes get $1 handout while Masters of Universe keep all their loot" instead of "Why millions of people are getting hit with a surprise tax bill this year". No one gets hit by a surprise tax bill if they know how to use a calculator. Besides, owners of the media likely belong to the Masters of Universe class of better people, so do not expect any honesty there - just TDS based on emotions.
4   Rin   ignore (4)   2019 Feb 12, 8:55am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

d6rB says
No one gets hit by a surprise tax bill if they know how to use a calculator.

Trust me, it's only those who pay quarterly withholdings, who are not surprised. The average Joe simply waits till Feb to start making those calculations.
6   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2019 Feb 12, 10:07am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I bought a 12 X 20 Tuff Shed for my backyard with my Tax refund. That's on top of getting an extra $120 every biweekly paycheck.

The Shed will be great, insulated electric outlets customized windows and doors. I'm moving my Man Cave/Office/Studio out there. The family is growing and we need my room inside the house.

Thanks Donald Trump! Good looking out!
7   ThreeBays   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 12, 10:40am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

Thanks Donald Trump! Good looking out!

Sounds like daddy's not too good with the numbers. Next time adjust your W4 to withhold less.
8   Goran_K   ignore (2)   2019 Feb 12, 10:43am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

So I kept more of my money during the entire year, more in aggregate than I supposedly "lost" in my "return"?

K.
9   Quigley   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 12, 10:49am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Still is half the tax we’d pay in Canada.
Sucks for you!
10   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (38)   2019 Feb 12, 10:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

But 1000x what we would pay in the paradise of Somalia!
11   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2019 Feb 12, 10:51am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wasn't able to itemize this year as the standard deduction was higher than in the past. I had adjusted my deductions because last year I got like $2,000 back, and I always aim to owe a little. Not cool with interest free loans to the IRS. Ended up owing $500 this year.
12   Quigley   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 12, 10:51am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

People will pay what they think is fair for the service they’re being provided.
Want to tax more? Sell the public on all the cool stuff they’ll get for the money!
13   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2019 Feb 12, 10:57am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says
ot cool with interest free loans to the IRS.

Nobody is, but the alternative is often interest and penalties. At least with the state of Maryland, you don't get hit with them if your payments meet or exceed your last years liability. With the feds it's a fuck you if you don't do some sort of calculation to get it close enough.
14   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2019 Feb 12, 11:01am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I've never been penalized, and this year especially there is no way to justify it given how much things have changed. Best I ever did was owing $88.
15   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2019 Feb 12, 11:11am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I just did the math I got about 1K less back this year, but get to keep 2472 extra every year.
According to 2018's taxes.

Between the tax break and 3% yoy raises I'm making $7892 more this year. Than I was when Obama was President and Trump was running promising I would make more money. The wages were stagnant and going backwards under Obama.

Thanks again TRUMP!
16   HEYYOU   ignore (26)   2019 Feb 12, 11:17am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

One pays state & local taxes & Republicans tax that tax.

All the arguments for Trump's dumb ass Rep/Con scam might fall apart when the 8 - 10% (?),who get tax increases go to vote.
Those that have tax increases can be thankful that Trump is giving away their hard earned tax dollars to loser Republican farmers that can't handle consequences of MAGA tariffs. Latest number - $12,000,000,000?

Taxation is the basis of Socialism?
Republicans can't give your money away unless they steal it from you under their Big Govt. legal threats.
Republicans did not eliminate all taxes. SOCIALISTS!
17   HEYYOU   ignore (26)   2019 Feb 12, 11:30am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"Corporations are people" get how many deductions on their personal property - buildings,vehicles,computers,paper,anything they purchase?
Can Republican people get the same deductions on all their personal property?
Republicans won't stop their IRS from taking anything from Rep/Cons if they don't pay taxes.
How do Rep/Cons function without a brain?

I'm sorry I destroyed all Republican arguments.