Bill Maher dropped the N-word on live TV

By BayArea follow BayArea   2017 Jun 3, 5:28am 3,300 views   12 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Bill Maher dropped the N-word on live TV - Vox

There isn't a word you can call any other group of people that evokes a stronger response in the USA.

As you can see from the link, people are calling for his termination from HBO.

Although I agree that the word is highly offensive, even when used as a joke like Maher did, I've always believed that black people would be massively empowered as a people to let go of the word. Stop using it among eachother and more importantly stop allowing intense anger to result when another group says it. Don't give a word or other groups of people that amount of power over you. It's a word. I understand there is painful history behind it, buts it's a word.

What do you all think? If you have a different view, I'm interested to hear why.

1   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Jun 3, 6:28am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I completely agree with you. This all started because of Johnnie Cochran during the OJ case where he was over-criminalizing law enforcement. It's stupid.

2   BayArea   ignore (1)   2017 Jun 3, 6:30am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

A measuring stick for black people reaching equality will be when they can hear the N word and think, "whatever, I have more important things to do"

Just my 2cents.

3   Tenpoundbass   ignore (16)   2017 Jun 3, 7:09am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

A lot of good men have been fired for saying less while he played holier than thou

4   Y   ignore (3)   2017 Jun 3, 7:35am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If AA's can implement this single point ( comedians included ), the problem would dissipate at a rapid pace...
BayArea says

Stop using it among each other

5   FortWayne   ignore (4)   2017 Jun 3, 7:59am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BlueSardine says

BayArea says

Stop using it among each other

What BlueSardine said

6   missing   ignore (1)   2017 Jun 3, 8:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This one?

7   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2017 Jun 3, 9:39am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yup, I am surprised at how much black people use it amongst each other. A few weeks ago I was filling gas and in the next aisle to me was black lady talking very loudly into her phone/earpiece thingie.

She was going on and on-I ain't going to sleep with no n#gga like that. he slept with a taco bitch, I ain't laying down with a n#gga like that and on and on. I assumed her boyfriend was cheating with a mexican?
But it was quite shocking as it was out in the open and she just went on and on for all and sundry to hear.

Lets see if Al sharpton and jesse jackson start riots over this-just imagine if hannity had said those words.

8   Blurtman   ignore (1)   2017 Jun 3, 10:09am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Cultural appropriation!

9   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2017 Jun 3, 1:57pm     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

BayArea says

Bill Maher dropped the N-word on live TV - Vox

Once more Bill Maher is right to be politically incorrect. His use demonstrates the hypocrisy of false outrage to virtue signal while ignoring the actual meaning of what is said.

11   MMR   ignore (0)   2017 Jun 3, 3:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

lostand confused says

a taco bitch,

That's what 'angry black women' call Hispanic women that they are threatened by?

12   Automan Empire   ignore (1)   2017 Jun 3, 4:49pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MMR says

lostand confused says

a taco bitch,

I snickered. As insults and slurs go, that's really phoning it in.

My young black friend and I watched the show in question. We both laughed the same; it was funny and not offensive in that context. Quite unlike when Dr. Laura spouted it on air that time.