everything's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 843 - 882 of 882    Last »

everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 1:58pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I started reading this the other day and stopped, two words came to mind. "crazy whiny bitch".
And, we champion this kind of shit, give them a forum.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 2:07pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was checking used car prices lately and they seem pretty reasonable again. Also, inventory is still somewhat ok, as more people send that car down the road, a few more years though and we will be seeing even less cars on the road unless they get popular again.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 2:26pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That's because it's a contest, winner rings up highest debt without having to pay it back.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 2:38pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Dude was a gang member, they have their own way of dealing with things, they don't know any better, and carry weapons with intent to use them. Four others are charged with trying to help the gangster out/flee, etc. whatever.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 2:44pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Is that more?, then that's better right?
Debt doesn't matter anymore.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 2:53pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Cure for addiction is CONNECTION, good luck with that.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 3:05pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What the problem, wall street applauded the news.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 2, 3:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Lol, chicks dig guys like this, that why domestic violence is so prevalent. They dated, moved in together, became engaged, oh it was all good until LOLOL she pushed him to his breaking point, baited him, figured out, or tried a little to hard to but oh my she couldn't change him, whatever.

If he was so bad the UW-MINN would have fired him long ago, now he's tenured but they'll get him fired via risk of violence to students. His mistake was letting her into his life and letting her nag him until he apparently lost control.

But, we see this allot, it's all learned behaviors.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 15, 12:54pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think their is just allot of cars to pick from, many manufacturers, and the car segment has become glutted and competitive. I'm still a car guy myself even though I have a truck too. It's just good classic point A point B transportation. Many people I know have trucks that never see a payload. SUV's are like the new station wagons or vans.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 15, 1:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I totally live alone, women are barely allowed into my domain, they just walk all over you, yet want to be dominated, strange lot really and I was raised by some mean women, enough so I would never get married. I have a next door neighbor, if she see's me she will instantly start bitching at me, I mean she's just ragging about anything, (I'm not listening, ignoring her), as if I'm like .. the problem with the world or something.

I find it kind of amusing in a way.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 3, 11:58am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Works in theory, occurring naturally and ubiquitously in the blue zones.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 3, 12:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The grand illusion you say?

If the grid can take it, and once people figure out the savings on gas taxes, etc. by charging up overnight and running the EV's for that 60-100 mile commute, not to mention how far an EV will go vs. an ICE, they won't be able to buy them fast enough. The mainstream will really come once you can swap your own battery out and you charge your other battery up during the day via sun, while also discharging it the rest of the night into your home grid. It all came from the sun originally anyway. The trick is to completely cycle battery banks, and then recharge them completely. Eventually it will come down to batteries feeding batteries, feeding batteries, like we do with these little portable phone chargers, just isn't to scale yet.

Energy is just not expensive apparently, so free the carbons they say, (and the heavy metals and pollutants that come with them), besides, the world reserve currency is denominated in oil buckets and carbon makes the world go around (as we know it).

I also choose to drive old but not economy, just like most of the other commoners, and the older cars are pretty fun, one of them that I drive, you can just pound the shit out of it, and it won't break.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 3, 12:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ehhh, we could do well to take the monopoly out of health care, to much colussion.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 3, 1:26pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I look at what happens to some of the old people.. They end up kicked into assisted living, etc. by family & company, etc. Thus, I continually downsize out of bigger into smaller places that fit my needs. Retirement communities are expanding is my guess.

Personally I'd rather migrate right the hell out of here to a country where people are valued.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 5, 4:25am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Bankruptcy will be good for much of this ag business, they can wipe the slate clean. In it's place, monopolies of agriculture can take hold as I can only guess venture capitalists will help sweep up deals on land and/or equipment. At least .. that has been the trend, can't imagine that would change anytime soon.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 28, 9:00am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Some things put allot into GDP, health care complex is up to 25%, sickest developed country on the planet, most expensive, but with a poor ranking, this is super great for GDP! Military is also a pretty big part of GDP. Government alone puts a trillion a year just into these two. Majority CFO's are calling for last quarter 2021 as earliest possible recession. U.S. is a big economy, it doesn't turn on a dime.

Not sure any modern economic model is one to brag up, they have a tendency to booms & busts, and run on mostly .. debt.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 18, 6:03pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They just keep rolling the debt over. They want the shares so they can sell later, or convert.
But personal debt, delinquency rates are probably up or steady.
Maybe all this debt is why 1 in 3 Americans have problems sleeping at night.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 18, 6:17pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Should be interesting. Libra is different in that the coins are purchased, converted, then destroyed, that's a little different than the rest of the crowd. No counter party hold risks. It's more like a digital currency they say.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 18, 6:57pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This is not new news. It's America, it doesn't matter how they do it, the money rises to the top.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 18, 7:00pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I agree, market peaking up, I wonder how many foreigners are selling now.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 20, 7:16pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They buy them and rent them out, they know RE is a good investment and will continue to buy no matter what it sounds like, just not as much at the moment.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 6:51pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Things change fast, their is a way to get ahead of the flippers.

Open door up to 1250 employees, beefing up it's Phoenix operations.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 7:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

For many people it's a relatively flat investment, and the bank must be paid. I agree, we are in a bit of a healthy flat spot, even though mortgage rate fell about a full point while the fed has done nothing, price increases have abetted some.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 7:28pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

He's an entertainer, keep that in mind folks.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 7:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Someone in Wisconsin topped Gilroy event pretty easily next day but apparently did the friends & family thing or something to that effect.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 7:49pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We've got plenty of density, in places, even states now, but a preference for roads, and parking lots, one day they will want to reclaim more of these roads and parking lots because of either maintenance, to build on, or just to reclaim land. The interstate system in my state is a non-stop expansion, the speed limits went up, and people think nothing of driving 50-100 miles one way to work. Reclamation: we do that already, we've got some huge projects in our city, where they fill allot of dirt and concrete to make a road go over or under another road. They are building a new parking ramp, it's like a 5 year project, the old one will be demolished, then they'll have to rebuild the other ten old parking ramps as they slowly crumble too.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 8:12pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That's why most people just marry away, about 50% split, the rest stay together for love, money, or companionship.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 8:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Of course they decide, iatrogenesis isn't the third leading cause of death just because it's in style. Today's docs are just modern day pimps because all they are allowed to do is prescribe and cut.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 29, 8:26pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We have open record laws, great, great swathes of government data is public information. And, now it's digitized and readily accessible. NOT.
They'll charge a pretty penny for the records requests.

But, yeah, at workplace, it happens all the time, I just call it the popularity contest, and many people are happy to not be in the club.

Sometimes too, I see it playing out where managers will never hire people that are smarter then them, the ranks get pretty diluted, we see it in government pretty often.

In the melting pots of University, same deal I'm sure.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 30, 10:12am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They are just working the system, college is expensive now, and every little bit helps. As for the wealthy, they are the kings of finding loopholes and working the system.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 30, 10:18am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We will all be talked into credit monitoring, as we were with the equifax settlement.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 22, 10:52am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's funny now I see Naloxone or Narcan commercials on TV. They sell (someone does) the disease and the elixir.
  everything   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 22, 11:35am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rates going down will keep RE price increasing, or not falling, some places did over shoot, and i.e. here in the midwest we are still working on the overshoot, we might be to it finally, remember the house is also some people's bank as well. (look at refi's). I think current price falls is from the flipathons, see it in higher priced homes, once you start digging into the sales records for some of these places, you see nobody ever really lives in them until that last flip turns into someone who actually wants to live in it. Or someone is living in it and extracting the equity themselves.
Many do build equity though I'm sure.
  everything   ignore (1)   2020 Jun 15, 10:50pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tide turning a little bit. Nahh, but theirs money in it.

What Representing Men in Divorce Taught Me About Fatherhood | Marilyn York | TEDxUniversityofNevada

Attorney Marilyn York owns a Men’s Rights Family Law Firm in Reno Nevada, established in 2001. She and her ten female employees focus on representing men for two reasons: 1. As her talk explains, fathers are crucial in the upbringing and development of their children; and 2. Fathers are the disadvantaged parent in family court and society and while the laws are improving, the statistics are not. There are currently more than 17,000,000 children growing up in America without their fathers and every year this number is growing. According to the Center for Disease Control, children from fatherless homes account for 90% of homeless and runaway children; 71% of high school dropouts and 63% of youth suicides. Listen to this talk to find out how you can help America's 17,000,000 fatherless children avoid these fates! Marilyn D. York is a Men's Rights Divorce Attorney, licensed in California since 1998 and Nevada since 1999, where she is a Certified Family Law Specialist. Since 2001, Marilyn has owned her law firm in Reno, Nevada, where she and her 9 female employees specifically represent men in divorce and family law battles. Marilyn chose her career because of her passion for children and relationships but most of all, Marilyn is driven to help underdogs. While the laws are improving for men, not all laws are yet gender equal and the interpretation and enforcement of those that are, have a long way to go. Despite her focus on representing men, Marilyn has a deep compassion for women in need as well. It isn't lost on Marilyn that women remain disadvantaged outside Family Court. She serves that need as Board President for a local housing program for homeless young women, Nevada Youth Empowerment Project, or NYEP. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
  everything   ignore (1)   2020 Jun 15, 10:53pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Why are Jumbo's about a half point rate higher than non-jumbos. Good racket because houses are not getting any cheaper, and I see more jumbo's in the future.
Or, how can we find one that isn't gouging. We have 20% equity, no PMI, etc. already. House is in a upscale neighborhood as well.
  everything   ignore (1)   2020 Jun 15, 11:01pm     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Victim doesn't care, his family will be paid well in wrongful death lawsuit, he knew this when he decided to struggle, resist cooperation, and beat up lawmen. Very disrespectful man, and they totally would have thrown the book at him later including jail time, etc. They knew who he was and could have just scooped him up later vs. killing him. Cops are just generally stupid and like to shoot now ask questions later. I've seen guys almost murder someone, run off into the woods, then sober up and turn themselves in knowing their is no getting away.
  everything   ignore (1)   2020 Jun 15, 11:14pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I never pay more than $100-150 for a new box. I'm loathe to give up my windows 7 box but my 64 bit windows 10 box sitting close by is updating and getting more and more like my 7 box all the time. It isnt' much faster, but it's faster than this 32 bit windows 7 box. I just buy Dell business models off ebay, corporations upgrade allot, and so it all gets dumped on the bay.

But agree they are not getting much faster, I don't need speed demon, some of my friends get the latest greatest. I guess in a few years I'll finally buy into the flash hard drives that are not spinning disks, huge bottleneck. Lately the bottlneck has been the internet itself, like man when 8:30 AM hits those stock trading sites really slow down, using chrome web browser helps.
  everything   ignore (1)   2020 Jun 15, 11:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If they policed themselves just a little bit, they wouldn't have so many problems. Also, many cops have poor fighting skills, with the right training people are easily subdued, and the police are more confident to not resort to shooting. I see how out of shape these police get, it's very sad, I've seen them so big I don't know how they fit in the car seat.

Not for everyone, know a really nice guy, went through the training to become cop, became a cop, and then stopped being a cop and will never go back.

I'll tell you right now, supervisors and management all the way up and down public service don't give a shit anymore. The turnover rates for public service jobs is going up and up, and glassdoor is catching up with how bad the cronyism and nepotism is on the inside of some of these government agencies both state and federal. More states I'm sure are pulling their organizational charts from public view, they do ours, to many wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, daughters all working together now, they just take turns promoting each other abusing the system over all.