forgot password register

reset password

#housing #investing #politics #random more»
770,844 comments by 11,157 registered users, 6 online now: E-man, Kepi, nyc, PCGyver, PeopleUnited, WookieMan
new post

Bigsby's comments

« First    « Previous     Comments 5736 - 5775 of 5,775     Last »

Bigsby   2011 Nov 26, 1:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Fantom says

I think buying in Bay Area right now is a risky move, because it ties up capital and saddles you with liability beyond the at-risk capital. If you were picking stocks, and someone told you that a particular stock might never provide a return, but also, it would not lose any value, and another stock might actually gain value but could also lose 100% of its value plus some more, which would you choose?

If you'd choose the 100% at risk stock, then buy a house in the Bay Area. If you chose the steady value stock, then rent.

A rather strange and inappropriate analogy.

Bigsby   2011 Nov 28, 2:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Joe_Mumau says

I think the main difference between the gotta-buy-now crowd and the hurry-up-and-waiters (of which I am one) is that the latter are better at seeing how bad things could get, whereas the home-owner-wanna-be's see mainly what they want to see. Every day that I read the latest apocalyptic headline about the credit system freezing up, or how many more millions will be underwater if housing prices drop even a little, I sleep a little better knowing that my only stake in the system is a six month lease.

And you are doing no different, except you have decided to see the worst in everything. Housing in most of the US is not overpriced. In fact, it is cheap relative to pretty much all other Western countries. Just look at the Economist article posted up on the front page that was presumably intended to show how bad things are, but in fact states that homes are, comparatively speaking, undervalued in the US. That may not be true for your particular location, but hey, not everybody lives where you do.

Bigsby   2011 Nov 29, 10:54pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Bought a house in Monterey. Nice view of the bay. No idea how much more prices will go down, but we've been waiting 6 years now and this is the nicest house we've seen in that time (that we can afford). Time will tell, but I'm happy with what we got and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

Bigsby   2011 Nov 30, 10:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote

PockyClipsNow says

Cops not following the law is a sign of a failed state. Do not be so happy about this situation.

She's a 103 years old for crying out loud. And quite frankly, evicting a 103 year-old woman and her 83 year-old daughter strikes me as a far more obvious sign of a failed state than allowing them to stay.

Bigsby   2011 Dec 23, 1:16pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

The GOP says

It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, the last thing America needs is a Petty douche bag making a political talking point out of it. That's the stuff Dictators that are above the law does. In 2007 we were NOT there YET.

William E Baughb

Dear me.

Bigsby   2011 Dec 26, 8:20pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

JodyChunder says

Nomograph says

Nothing wrong with that, but personally I only take advice (or guff) from people who have achieved some level of success that is worthy of admiration.

You are one hurtfull dude. you never even stop to think that a man might have some feelings? so much darkness out of someone says more about you than any one you try to cut down. i know your clowning but go easy I AM A SUCCESS as a business man a widower and a veteran so you can take my advise

Take mine. Put a shirt on.

Bigsby   2011 Dec 27, 6:59pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

At 400k, you'd probably be better looking along Salinas Highway, especially if space is important.
Prices have dropped a fair bit in the area, but you still don't get much for your money.

Bigsby   2011 Dec 30, 8:07pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

ArtimusMaxtor says

Happy New Year to all of my friends here. Not being accepted. Leaves you to think for yourself. Be a free thinker. People that understand victimazation. Tend to understand one another and sympathize. I stopped being a victim over 18 years ago. I suggest others do the same.

There are ways to take. Without having to grovel and play the game. Your not accepted in all places? Screw them.

Man of the year: Patrick. You have had the strength. To stand toe to toe with oppression. Not give into it. Nor be a part of it. In the New Year, Patrick, have a lot of enjoyment. Because you have many friends. Friends that enjoy honesty.

Patrick has an interesting and helpful website about real estate, but fighting oppression? What is it about the internet and hyperbole?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 4, 10:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

klarek says

I recall you seeking assurances and reinforcement from others for your thoughtless gamble

Please. "Thoughtless gamble?" He bought a house he wanted. How very thoughtless. Shame on him.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 23, 2:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

This is just getting silly. You aren't crushing anyone's responses. You are either a WUM are just infantile with your arguments. Show me the population centres where an acre is $500. US real estate may be overpriced in certain pockets, but as a whole it represents pretty decent value and certainly in comparison to other developed countries, so why not give the hyperbolic nonsense a rest?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 23, 3:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Refute what? Land is nowhere near $500 an acre in great swathes of the US and especially where most people actually want to live. Just becuase you can pick up land at that price in some backwater or other doesn't mean a damn thing to most people. And hey, sorry you lost big in the housing boom/bust, but just like booms don't go on forever neither do busts. If people feel like a house is a reasonable buy given prevailing rentals, then why on earth shouldn't they buy? Not everyone lives in the Bay area you know.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 23, 3:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Your arguments are beyond infantile. I'm sure there are places in CA where you can pick up decent 3/2s for the low 100s. So what? If you can also pick up an acre somewhere for $500, then so what? Just because it is X in one place doesn't mean it should be X in another. It would seem that is a basic concept you have failed to grasp.

Oh, and I think you'll find that rather a lot of people's RE holdings have appreciated in value, mine included, so there's no need to feel sorry for me.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 23, 3:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

TechGromit says

Biff Baxter says

$241.9 million for a fugly 3 bed 2 bath.

This is obviously a typo, but the realtor really should be fired, it's been two weeks since your post and it still hasn't been corrected yet. Doesn't anyone proof read there listings? Surely another realtor would have pointed out there error by now.

Owner listed.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 12:23am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

swilliamscc says

The small green. If you pay attention to what is going on, are only the areas surrounding Washington DC. The reason is that DC is stealing so much money from everyone to feed their wall street buddies and lobbyists that they are still able to make their payments and live the fantasy that things haven't changed. That's why no one in Congress and the White House gets it. They don't have an economic crisis. They actually are making more money than ever!

Or it's a rather meaningless graph that seems to highlight seasonal fluctuations more than anything else.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 5:27am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote

I'm just trying to imagine you coming up with an original post. Now that would be stunning. You need to brush up on your WUMing skills.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 8:41am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Leslie Appleton Young says

I'm just trying to imagine you coming up with an honest response to anything. period.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

You are a tedious plum with zero inventiveness and less than zero comedy value. Honest enough for you?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 12:41pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Leslie Appleton Young says

Bigsby says

Leslie Appleton Young says

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

25 MILLION excess empty houses and more on the way. It shatters your insane notion of a lifetime of grossly inflated prices.

That aside, you are a lying realtor with zero chance of ever getting honest and a real career.

Factual enough for you BitchBee?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

So just so I'm clear, anyone who disagrees with your idiocy is a realtor. I see.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 1:04pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Leslie Appleton Young says

Bigsby says

So just so I'm clear, you're a Housing Crime Syndicate operator or an underwater loan-owner. I see.

Neither. Try again.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 1:23pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

HELOC Ho Connie DeGroot says

Underwater and sinking.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

I see you're talking to yourself now.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 24, 1:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Apparently the fathoms are squeezing your all too few brain cells.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 12:20am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

swilliamscc says

Is this headline a joke???? The entire state of California is on Federal welfare to the tune of 25 billion last year. When that disappears.....well.....good luck. Home prices drop another 50% at least and never come back. Well maybe 20 years later, but that may as well be never.

Yes, the entire state of CA is on welfare. All those people driving to work are just a mirage.
And another 50%? Good luck with that.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 12:25am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Adult Diapers says

ANSWER the question HomeDebtor.

How deep underwater are you?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

If you are referring to the fact that I don't have a mortgage, then not very deep at all. How about yourself?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 12:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Adult Diapers says

Bigsby says

Adult Diapers says

ANSWER the question HomeDebtor.

How deep underwater are you?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

What are your losses so far? ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Surely you mean gains. What are your losses? Must be terribly high seeing how upset you are and how long you've been cheering yourself up with your trolling adventure. Don't worry, bankruptcy laws seem generous in the US.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 12:34am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

swilliamscc says

Woops. The state local debt is actually 56 billion last year. More welfare than I thought.

Fast Facts

California Public Debt Issuance for the Period January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011*

Total State and Local

Total Debt Issued: $56,184,907,023

(36.7 % decrease from 2010)

Total Long-Term Debt Issued: $36,950,744,157

(41.2 % decrease from 2010)

Total Short-Term Debt Issued: $19,234,162,866

(25.8 % decrease from 2010)

Well then, (certain) people need to be taxed more, but seeing as a lot of Americans seem to think they should get the services without paying for them (or shouldn't need to contribute to the effective running of society at all), then that might be tricky.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 12:38am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

I did. Do you have a problem with English?
Anyway, when are you going to answer one of the many questions asked of you? You need to put more effort into your trolling activities.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 2:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Lester Appleton Young says

Bigsby says

I did. Do you have a problem with English?

Why are you lying realtors so evasive?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

A good troll needs to be more inventive.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 2:23am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Lester Appleton Young says

Bigsby says

Lester Appleton Young says

Bigsby says

I did. Do you have a problem with English?

Why are you lying realtors so evasive?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

A good troll needs to be more inventive.

A lying realtor needs to be more honest.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Tell that to a realtor or is basic comprehension another one of your deficiencies? ANSWER the question.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 2:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Collapsing Housing Prices says

What are your losses so far? ANSWER THE QUESTION lying realtor.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Check above and try again.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 3:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Collapsing Housing Prices says

Again.... Why buy a house today when prices are falling? Buy later...... for 65% less.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

I thought it was supposed to be 85% less. Or was that 95%?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 4:17am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

None as said before. Yourself?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 4:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

I'm sure you do I think you mean, but as you're in troll venting mode, we can just assume your losses have been huge. You have my sympathy to an extent as you clearly lack common sense so were a soft target for the realtors. Perhaps you should also take some of the blame as well. Personal responsibility and all that.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 4:38am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

edvard2 says

Like I said- stating that its more expensive in other countries ( There are more metrics that would need to be evaluated in order to really see if that was true) has NOTHING to do with the initial claim here- that prices are rising. They aren't. They're falling. End of story.

Housing is considerably more expensive in Europe and vastly more expensive in the UK along with the cost of living. Bubbles have already popped in Europe or in the case of the UK RE has been supported by chronic housing shortages. And I'm English by the way so I do have experience of both sides of the Atlantic.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 4:45am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Your trolling could be a bit more inventive you know. Please try harder.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 5:56am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Collapsing Housing Prices says

Deflecting from simple questions still? why? What are you afraid of realtor?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Deflecting is your style not mine. In fact, it's your only approach. As I said, if you want to drag your fun out a bit longer, you need to be more inventive. Come on, I know you can do it. Actually, scrub that, I know you can't.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 6:25am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Jim The Realtor says

You've been asked many questions by multiple users here.

Why won't you...... a lying realtor.... answer a simple question in an honest way?

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Surely you mean the same question by the same poster. Come on now, you do realise that if you don't up your game, then everyone will just press the ignore button and your fun will be over.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 6:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

pazuzu says

Bigsby might not be a Realtor.

It could be another species of lying REIC card carrying parasite.

Mortgage broker... McMansion Builder... House stager... many possibilities.

I suspect you have a rather close relationship to our resident troll. And no, I do not work in RE. I'm just a bit older than 12, so I'm not particularly enthralled by childish trolling and hyperbolic pronouncements on the state of your country.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 6:47am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Jim The Realtor says

Bigsby says

pazuzu says

Bigsby might not be a Realtor.

It could be another species of lying REIC card carrying parasite.

Mortgage broker... McMansion Builder... House stager... many possibilities.

You're a lying realtor.

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Yet another disappointing effort. Oh well, I guess it's the ignore button.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 8:02am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

pazuzu says

Btw how did you know I was going to ask if you were 12?

Are you looking for someone your own age? Try the playground.

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 8:14am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

pazuzu says

"Are you looking for someone your own age? Try the playground."

Weak.

Sauce.

Rather like your tiresome posts. Got something interesting to say? Insightful? Fact based? Thought not. How about childish? Ah, yes, you're well equipped in that area. Why not post on a forum where trolling and being a tedious plonker are part and parcel of forum life? You are clearly not contributing anything. Simply acting childishly. I think it's a fair assumption to make that you are a child. Or are you an adult with a child's mentality?

Bigsby   2012 Jan 25, 8:20am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Jim The Realtor says

LMAO.... Fact based? You loser realtors are over the top!

Living in the empty skulls of realtors. Rent-Free.

Answering for other people now, are you? Or are you admitting you are one and the same?

users   about   suggestions   source code   contact
topics   best comments   comment jail
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home