forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
756,521 comments in 77,871 posts by 11,075 registered users, 4 online now: jazz_music, mell, TwoScoopsMcGee, WineHorror

new post

The Russia Narrative is officially dead

By CBOEtrader   Jun 13, 7:27pm   11 links   4,966 views   200 comments   watch (0)   quote

Sessions put the final nail in the coffin into the Russian collusion narrative.

Predictions: 1) The MSM and the dems who let the MSM tell them how to think (maybe 20% of the population) will continue to fixate on the dead corpse of the Russian Collusion. 2) The dems will continue fail at the voting booth. Reps will gain more power in 2018. 3) Trump will soon fight back w indictments of the leakers and the pedophiles, with at least 2 high profile cases. 4) Comey and Debbie Wasserman Schultz are the most likely candidates to be those 2 indictments. 5) Those within the 20% of brainwashed Dems will continue to fixate on the now thoroughly thrashed Russia/Trump collusion narrative.

« First     « Previous     Comments 161-200 of 200     Last »

161   joeyjojojunior   Jul 11, 5:20pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Goran_K says

it's a congressional budget office report. It's all public data. You thought ARRA only cost the American people "$800 billion one time", that's embarrassingly wrong. You proved that you never knew what ARRA actually cost the American people, and tried to bullshit your $800 billion figure by posting some random Democrat byline to prove your lie. If I had not been here, you and Iwog would have continued that lie. You guys should be thanking me for educating you on what it actually cost.

I have now shown that the total cost since 2009 including all expansions to medicaid, SNAP, and federal unemployment benefits hovers near $7 trillion dollars.

You are so full of shit it's hard to even keep up.

Here's the CBO report from 2015. The latest one I could find:

"When ARRA was being considered, the Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation estimated that it would increase budget deficits by $787 billion between fiscal years 2009 and 2019. CBO now estimates that the total impact over the 2009– 2019 period will amount to nearly $840 billion. By CBO’s estimate, close to half of that impact occurred in fiscal year 2010, and more than 95 percent of ARRA’s budgetary impact was realized by the end of December 2014."

Why do you lie so much??

162   iwog   Jul 11, 5:25pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Goran_K says

Now, explain why did you lie about Obama not being a bigger spender than Reagan?

Obama is the most fiscally conservative president we've had in the modern era. Taken as a percentage of GDP he has easily spent the least.

Reagan has spent the most, far in excess of any other president.

That's why you can't list the spending bills that supposedly make up the $11 trillion that Obama spent. They don't exist. You made them up.

163   iwog   Jul 11, 5:27pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Goran_K says

It's actually $1.5 trillion you're looking for (unless you've taken a time machine to 2019 and seen the future). I'm factoring in the cost of the expansions to medicaid, federal unemployment, and SNAP which were never rolled back (funny how entitlement programs don't actually end), and the increased cost of servicing the debt.

Well the expansion of medicaid was part of Obamacare so it looks like you're trying to count it twice which is dishonest but basically what you do here.

Unemployment hasn't been changed at all.

SNAP? How much money was that again? That's right, you didn't say because it's peanuts.

164   HEY YOU   Jul 11, 6:11pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

One can argue about whether debt is + or - & in the meantime the interest on debt will eat you up.

Borrowing money to purchase anything & paying even more in interest on the debt
is the ultimate economic genius.

165   bob2356   Jul 11, 7:56pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

bob2356 says

Feel fee to document exactly how the ACA is suffocating your small business.

Crickets chirping.

166   CBOEtrader   Jul 12, 3:31am     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

iwog says

Ive seen you make this ridiculous statement over and over again throughout the years. The president is responsible for everything that happens under his watch. Trump didnt just blame the establishment for the TPP, he pulled us out of it. Obama ran on the promise to take a scalpel to the budget. Where is the scalpel, Iwog? You are blaming bills and policies passed in 2005 for spending in 2016. Thats just fucking retarded. Its pure mental gymnastics from a partisan mindset. It helps no-one and solves nothing.

Didnt you just blame Trump for not repealing ACA within his first 5 months in office? THEN you give Obama a pass for adopting all the Bush Jr's terrible policies for 8 years? Choose a perspective and run with it. Your partisanship is blinding you to basic logic.

167   CBOEtrader   Jul 12, 3:32am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Patrick says

As someone trying to start my own business (over and over) I continuously am pushed back to working for our corporate overlords by the cost of health insurance, exactly as they intended. The US Chamber of Commerce is ultimately to blame, IMHO.

bob2356 says

bob2356 says

Feel fee to document exactly how the ACA is suffocating your small business.

Crickets chirping.

There ya go bob. Keep up the old man trolling if ya like. (Its not a good look on you.)

168   errc   Jul 12, 4:38am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

CBOEtrader says

Patrick says

bob2356 says

bob2356 says

Feel fee to document exactly how the ACA is suffocating your small business.

Crickets chirping.

Not sure what you think you read there. Patrick was saying that he wants to start his own business, but he goes back to work for a corporation because he needs health insurance

169   iwog   Jul 12, 9:19am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

CBOEtrader says

Total bullshit. You're simply wrong and you should admit it.

Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the Constitution, Congress is granted the power to lay and collect taxes in order "to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and General Welfare of the United States." Simplified this means that only congress can spend money. The president has the power to STOP congress from spending money through the use of veto however even this power is limited whenever 2/3rds of congress says so.

In short, Obama did not double the national debt. It's certainly valid to credit (or blame) Obama for the 2009 stimulus bill that he championed with other Democrats, and you can also attribute deficit spending to his Obamacare reform bill (generally this is done without any regard to savings realized) however that's it. That's all. Nothing more.

Claiming that Obama doubled the national debt is fucking ignorant. It shows gross ignorance of the structure of the federal government as well as the constitution. Furthermore most of the legislation that contributed to this debt was passed before he took office. These are spending bills by George W. Bush, Medicare D, and the atrocity of the Iraq war which may have cost well over $1 trillion all by itself.

170   Quigley   Jul 12, 9:23am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

I see that iwog totally dragged this thread off topic. It's his typical response to losing the argument.

171   iwog   Jul 12, 9:25am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

CBOEtrader says

Yes I did. It was a campaign promise COMBINED WITH A FUCKED UP REPUBLICAN CONGRESS THAT VOTED TO REPEAL OBAMACARE 50 FUCKING TIMES ALREADY!!!!! How in the hell does congress vote to repeal Obamacare 50 fucking times but when a Republican president finally shows up who will sign it, they can't pass it once? Please tell me oh wise one!

CBOEtrader says

First of all please stop lying. To say Obama adopted ALL of Bush's policies for 8 years is asinine. I seem to remember the Iraq war was one of Bush's policies and Obama won an election running on ENDING it. Torture, tax cuts, etc. The list of Bush policies that were NOT adopted by Obama is endless.

There are a few policies that Obama adopted which I approve of. Assassinations of Al Qaeda and ISIS terrorists for example. I think this projects American power around the world and is the only real deterrent we have against organized terrorism. I do NOT support polices adopted by Obama such as the patriot act and domestic surveillance. These are unfortunate however Obama was for the most part a competent and good president.

172   joeyjojojunior   Jul 12, 9:25am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I'd say Goran lost this one...

173   iwog   Jul 12, 9:26am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Quigley says

Which post did I make that wasn't a reply to a direct question or answer posed by another participant? I want to understand what you mean by "dragging the thread off topic." Or you can not respond and disappear again.

joeyjojojunior says

I'd say Goran lost this one...

Goran loses all of them. He started this nonsense with "Obama doubled the national debt!!!" Then when challenged to show where Obama actually spent money, he failed miserably. This is what happens when all your political views internally are trite cliches.

174   Goran_K   Jul 12, 9:33am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

iwog says

In short, Obama did not double the national debt.

Are you fucking kidding?

Explain this then.

Don't worry we'll wait.

175   Goran_K   Jul 12, 9:33am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Quigley says

176   iwog   Jul 12, 9:36am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Goran_K says

Explain this then.

This is why no one takes you seriously anymore.

I did explain it. I explained it many many times. You never addressed a single one of my points. You WILL never address a single one of my points.

I'll give you a quick example. A MASSIVE amount of debt during the Obama administration came from Bush's and the Republican's Medicare D expansion. It was the largest entitlement expansion in history that didn't contain a tax or other way to pay for it. Exactly how was Obama supposed to prevent that spending when doing so would have required an act of congress?? (this is called a question)

If you were honest, which you aren't, you would answer me and make an argument how this is Obama's fault. However what you will do instead is post something that's totally non-sequitur or simply run away from the discussion.

177   Goran_K   Jul 12, 9:41am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

iwog says

So nearly $9 trillion in OBAMA debt came from the Republican "Medicare D expansion"?

You're absolutely wrong. According to the Medicare Trustees report the Medicare D expansion is projected to add a little over $800 billion to the national debt over 10 years.

So... you have to account for at least another $8 trillion.

178   iwog   Jul 12, 9:42am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Goran_K says

So nearly $9 trillion in debt came from the Republican "Medicare D expansion"?

Straw man. I said I will qive you a quick EXAMPLE. So instead you decided to lie and imply that I meant ALL of the spending came from Medicare D. This is particularly ridiculous since I've already acknowledged spending Obama is responsible for so clearly your premise is bullshit.

Goran_K says

You're absolutely wrong. According to the Medicare Trustees report the Medicare D expansion is projected to add a little over $800 billion over 10 years.

Simply a continuation of the straw man. Really pathetic.

179   Goran_K   Jul 12, 9:47am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

iwog says

No I'm not saying "all of it" came from Medicare D, I'm asking YOU to explain how Obama accumulated nearly $9 trillion dollars in debt over his two terms.

So far, you ranted about medicare D, but haven't offered much else.

Should we go ahead and just assume you don't have anything else?

180   iwog   Jul 12, 9:48am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Goran_K says

No I'm not saying "all of it" came from Medicare D

Goran_K says

You're a REALLY bad liar.

181   Goran_K   Jul 12, 9:51am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

iwog says

You're a REALLY bad liar.

I was quoting YOUR reply to my post asking where the $9 trillion in debt came from.

So we done here? Got nothing else right?

182   iwog   Jul 12, 9:52am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Goran_K says

Oh you were? You were quoting me? I think you're lying AGAIN and you didn't quote me. That's why it's a straw man.

Do you realize you haven't typed a single word addressing the detailed argument I made above? That your ENTIRE rebuttal is "So Medicare D was $9 trillion huh?? Huh???"

Yes you lost. Miserably as you always do. Now you'll run.

183   joeyjojojunior   Jul 12, 10:38am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

"I think you're lying AGAIN and you didn't quote me"

Just like his supposed CBO estimates. All lies.

184   Rew   Jul 12, 10:43am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

joeyjojojunior says

Just like his supposed CBO estimates.

Bill will get a new CBO score, but no actual amendments/changes will be part of the scoring, as was currently being reported yesterday. GOP continues attacks on their own CBO official as well.

Take the campaign smarts of the GOP and the policy making of the DEMs: America really would be great again.

185   BlueSardine   Jul 12, 10:50am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Trump is safe.
His family will not turn on him for one single reason:
Anything the libbies turn up on the trumplings will be PRESIDENTIALLY PARDONED.

Everybody caught in this net will be pardoned. Everybody.
In other words, the libbies are like a dog chasing it's tail, when caught, there is no bite coming...

Rew says

Was it Collusion?

Simple, rational, well done. Go NYT! Go Deep State!

186   Tim Aurora   Jul 12, 10:55am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

BlueSardine says

His family will not turn on him for one single reason:

Anything the libbies turn up on the trumplings will be PRESIDENTIALLY PARDONED.

Everybody caught in this net will be pardoned. Everybody.

And that is what the conservatives want. A president who will pardon everyone he likes and jail everyone he dislikes. We(USA) are on our way to become a worse democracy than India, Bangladesh , Philippines , Brazil , Nigeria etc. Nice going Conservatives. You actually did not need Russia to destroy our country

187   Rew   Jul 12, 10:56am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

BlueSardine says

Everybody caught in this net will be pardoned. Everybody.

"I'm so certain of this I posted this in three threads to make sure everyone can see how certain I am! I must beat back this paid shill Rew! I alone must defend Trump!"

188   BlueSardine   Jul 12, 10:57am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Ok, just in case anyone would miss it, i added some multimedia...

Rew says

189   Rew   Jul 12, 10:57am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Rew says

GOP continues attacks on their own CBO official as well.

Speak of the devil. 22 mins ago this posted. For those paying attention, when the White House says things like this about it's own findings, it says much about this little democratic project of ours we call "America".

190   Rew   Jul 12, 10:58am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

BlueSardine says

Ok, just in case anyone would miss it, i added some multimedia...

Good plan. You are looking steadfast and calm. Carry on trooper.

Edit: I do love the media choice used as well! :)

191   Rew   Jul 12, 11:00am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

innaccurately : Trump's finger prints couldn't be clearer.

192   Rew   Jul 12, 11:27am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

HAHAHA! The White House pulled the video immediately!

BOOM!

Hehehe ... We made you fix your spelling!

193   zzyzzx   Jul 12, 11:28am     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

194   iwog   Jul 12, 11:53am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!

195   Goran_K   Jul 12, 11:58am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

iwog says

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well since you ran away from explaining how the GOP caused $9 trillion dollars of Obama's debt, you going to explain how Hillary purposefully misleading the public, and mishandling the situation in Benghazi is comparable to the 9/11 attacks?

196   iwog   Jul 12, 12:04pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Goran_K says

You mean when I described it in great detail? Even going so far as to name a specific legislation?

Goran_K says

You mean she mislead the public and temporarily blamed it on a video? Oh the horrors!!!!! Much worse than 9/11.

197   Goran_K   Jul 12, 12:08pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

iwog says

Yes, one that had less than $900 billion dollars of debt impact over a 10 year period? Yes, like I said, running away.

iwog says

Yes, now you go and show how Dubya mislead the public or in any way allowed Americans to die on 9/11. You see, that's the meaning of the word "comparable".

198   YesYNot   Jul 12, 12:11pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Clearly, the Russia narrative is dead. Nobody is talking about it anymore. There is NO evidence of any wrongdoing after 1 yr of investigation. Zero chance of any wrongdoing. Move along.

Clearly, the debt shot up under Obama, because of Obama's new spending. So what if Obama inherited a deficit of 1.4 trillion, which is about 7 times the highest pre 2000 US deficit ever. So what if he reduced the deficit by 70% while slowly pulling us out of the biggest financial crash in 100 years. So what if we pulled out of it much better than other countries. Do you see that chart with the cropped axis that Goran posted? Clearly, it wasn't because of all of the spending and tax cuts that Bush gave us. Everyone knows that tax cuts always raise more money than they cost!!!!! Clearly, it was the tax and spend liberal who is just like Bush by the way!!!!

199   Rew   Jul 12, 12:58pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Found on Twitter:

"Be especially careful to...distort the meaning".

200   Rew   Jul 12, 12:59pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

'Nobody' is talking about Russia.
'Everyone' is talking about that Marine who lost his hat.

« First     « Previous     Comments 161-200 of 200     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home