forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
736,969 comments in 75,830 posts by 10,929 registered users, 1 online now: curious2

new post

Changed browsers from Chrome to Safari and really enjoying it

By Patrick   Feb 18, 1:28pm   11 links   564 views   12 comments   watch (2)   quote

Much more pleasant experience somehow. Feels faster and more elegant.

Maybe it's optimized for Mac in a way that Chrome cannot be, since Google does not have the Mac source code I assume.

#browsers

Comments 1-12 of 12     Last »

1   Strategist   1352/1355 = 99% civil   Feb 18, 3:53pm  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Patrick says

Much more pleasant experience somehow. Feels faster and more elegant.

If Apple makes it, it must be better.

2   APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE   918/918 = 100% civil   Feb 18, 4:50pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Five years ago, Safari was an embarrassment. Now it all but makes toast and is stable.

3   Rashomon   266/266 = 100% civil   Feb 18, 5:26pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I use a Mac, but I have to say I prefer the look of Chrome. Guess it's just what I'm used to at this stage.

4   RealEstateIsBetterThanStocks   174/174 = 100% civil   Feb 18, 8:18pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Strategist says

Patrick says

Much more pleasant experience somehow. Feels faster and more elegant.

If Apple makes it, it must be better.

Google makes a lot of noises with their new phone but guess what their market share is? 0.5%.

5   jazz music   636/637 = 99% civil   Feb 19, 12:02am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Safari is my favorite browser.

I got a lot better at using it. It is deep with features.

Nothing against Firefox but Safari feels smoother and offers no major frustrations.

Chrome used to feel sleek but steeped in the big brother push of the Borg empires of Google and Adobe. Clashes cropped up.

6   Patrick   1851/1851 = 100% civil   Mar 20, 3:28pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I could not ever get videos to stop autoplaying in Safari, so moved back to Chromium.

Disappointing. Click2play just was not stopping the videos.

I think Apple does not want users to have the option to have a quiet experience. If they did, they'd put in an option to stop all autoplay for all kinds of video.

7   Dan8267   2640/2673 = 98% civil   Mar 20, 7:00pm  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Patrick says

Autoplay is evil. It is the modern form of the blink tag.

Autoplay and other "slap you in the face with a dick to get your attention" tactics are inherently disrespectful. Companies that use them should not be at all respected.

8   jazz music   636/637 = 99% civil   Mar 20, 7:21pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Dan8267 says

Agreed 100%

9   zzyzzx   571/571 = 100% civil   Mar 20, 8:22pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Dan8267 says

Autoplay is evil. It is the modern form of the blink tag.

I'm thinking the same thing about webpage push notifications as well.

10   CL   50/50 = 100% civil   Mar 20, 8:53pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Update your flash? I just did and I think it gave a quick button, disable auto play.

11   jvolstad   144/144 = 100% civil   Mar 20, 8:57pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I rather like Edge. After a few updates, it seems to be working well. I have IE for a backup.

12   Patrick   1851/1851 = 100% civil   Mar 20, 9:27pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

zzyzzx says

I'm thinking the same thing about webpage push notifications as well.

Those work only with Service Workers, right?

I've never gotten a webpage push notification. Is it just a popup?

Comments 1-12 of 12     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home