How do I answer the following Bay Area housing questions?

By BayArea follow BayArea   2019 Mar 31, 6:51am 782 views   13 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

A.) how many single family detached homes exist in the SF Bay Area?

B.) how many of those homes have been purchased since 2013?
1   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Mar 31, 8:04am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Not 100% sure, more like 90% plus that someone asked something similar not to long ago and it may have been Patrick or someone that had some suggestions.

Have you tried a search on here?
2   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Mar 31, 12:56pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@Patrick. Didn't you provide an answer to almost an identical query not that long ago ?
4   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 5, 2:53pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
A.) how many single family detached homes exist in the SF Bay Area?

Not much but the best I can do on a really quick search...are you just looking for an overall number ?

BayArea says
B.) how many of those homes have been purchased since 2013?

Going to have to work on question 2 - not easy to find.

Have you tried posting the same questions on Quora, Redfin, Zillow or Housing Wire etc. ? The infor is out there but right now I am not using the correct set of words to pull it up.
5   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 5, 2:55pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This may be of some help as well and perhaps a data base search from something in City Hall or the counties making up the great Bay Area

The link above also has monthly updates/forecasts for all of California but I think that you can narrow that down quite a bit
6   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 5, 3:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Try this link as well.

Doing a quick scroll thru the pages this may have the data you are looking for and then some, is city specific and you can then go into various neighborhoods within the city.

There is a chart in there with single family detached home sales data going back to 2000.

It is broken down into: Median PriceMedian, , DOMAverage, SP/LP, The average selling price divided by the average list price, .SP/OLP, The average selling price divided by the average original list price and other averages and parameters.

You can also flip between annual trends and monthly trends

7   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 6, 12:53am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@BayArea - let me know if any of the links I posted helped you. The last one should have covered your second question completely.
8   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 6, 5:27am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@BayArea - did anything here help, if not I will dig around some more this weekend
9   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 6, 5:30am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This is helpful, thank you for the links.

Please allow me to study them and I’ll let you know if I have any other questions.
10   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 6, 5:32am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Okie - that link in comment 6 was the most comprehensive, it had data for single family detached home sales going back to 2000, the number per year, price etc, and the same for condos.
11   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 6, 5:32am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Kakistocracy says

Just for SF or the Bay Area?
12   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 6, 5:37am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That last link in comment 6 was city specific which is what u asked for. It does allow you to breakdown into specific neighborhoods of the city

The greater San Francisco Bay definition is up to debate as to what it entails as far as counties, cities etc. since it continues to get larger
13   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Apr 6, 5:39am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The one local company that had really good coverage for all of the counties in the S.F. Bay Area got bought out last year - they had everything you could ever want.

If my memory is correct, Attom Data Solutions bought them out and I deleted the links on my pc to the old company since they were dead.

Here is the link to the home page for Attom: https://www.attomdata.com/

When I get time this weekend, I will look at some older posts on housing from a few years back which will still have old links and I can verify who bought out who but I am 95% sure Attom is the buyer of the old site based in the Bay Area.