Clever Old Dog

By Patrick following x   2018 Jan 13, 8:32am 618 views   3 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

An old Doberman starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost.

Wandering about, he notices a lion heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old Doberman thinks, "Oh, oh! I'm in deep shit now!”

Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat.

Just as the lion is about to leap, the old Doberman exclaims loudly,

"Boy, that was one delicious lion! I wonder, if there are any more around here?”

Hearing this, the young lion halts his attack in mid-stride, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.

"Whew!," says the lion, "That was close! That old Doberman nearly had me!”

Meanwhile, a squirrel who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the lion So, off he goes.

The squirrel soon catches up with the lion, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the lion.

The young lion is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, squirrel, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!”
Now, the old Doberman sees the lion coming with the squirrel on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?," but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old Doberman says…….

"Where's that squirrel? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another lion!”
1   HeadSet   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 13, 8:05pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Great joke! Is this original?
2   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Jan 13, 8:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Not by me. Got it from my old boss, who got it from a friend.
3   just_passing_through   ignore (0)   2018 Jan 14, 10:41am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Another reason I hate squirrels.

The Housing Trap