San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Syphilis Soars 79% in Rhode Island Thanks to Social Media
By zzyzzx in misc   8 comments, latest 11 minutes ago:
Dan8267 says zzyzzx says Syphilis Soars 79% in Rhode Island Thanks to Social Media In related news, Mad Cow Disease Soars 79% in New Jersey Thanks to Call It Crazy.

DuckDuckGo
By Patrick in misc   15 comments, latest 12 minutes ago:
Dan8267 says curious2 says How can I limit DuckDuckGo search results to pages that actually contain the search terms? Patrick.net needs that functionality as well. Searching for two terms results in the ORing of those...

Apple has not made an operating system in this entire millennium.
By Dan8267 in misc   9 comments, latest 13 minutes ago:
Dan8267 says Windows had more than one line of development. Windows NT was a true operating system like OS/2, shared much of the code with OS/2, and came out long before Windows ME. Windows 95...

Are you coerced by Liberal shame?
By CaptainShuddup in misc   posted 16 minutes ago:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/2 Imagine if government could get more people to pay their taxes. And colleges had an easy way to lower the dropout rate. How about something that would guarantee more unemployed workers go to their...

29yr old banker commits suicide by leaping off building, tourists snap pictures
By lostand confused in misc   3 comments, latest 17 minutes ago:
P N Dr Lo R says "financial firms have been trying to do more to improve the lifestyles of their employees, especially younger ones." I'm sure he worked out, jogged, had a membership at a...

Who owns this road in Walnut Creek?
By tovarichpeter in misc   13 comments, latest 19 minutes ago:
Dan8267 says CDon says You say this is not about legal nuance, yet you regularly use specific legal terms of art to tell us all what should happen. Where? I recall no such thing in...

Man suing his ex for half of $1M prize gets a win in court
By zzyzzx in misc   1 comment, latest 20 minutes ago:
P N Dr Lo R says zzyzzx says The couple had lived together since 1991 Judge Judy and I would wonder why, in 24 years, they never married.

Solar "MIGHT" get affordable now
By CaptainShuddup in misc   1 comment, latest 21 minutes ago:
CaptainShuddup says So CNN has been showing Oil just over 59.00 for two day in spite of the fact that Oil nearly $4.00 less than that now. I guess it doesn't bode well with their...

It is good to learn the language of the white man
By Blurtman in misc   2 comments, latest 36 minutes ago:
SoftShell says Well now, you can kiss the ass of the words "Sioux" and "Comanche" goodbye as they will now be used by Cracker Kingdom as derogatory words, as the bitterness of ceding spelling championships...

Because it's Friday
By zzyzzx in misc   1 comment, latest 48 minutes ago:
zzyzzx says

"..rather stupid and not very well-read."
By HEY YOU in misc   133 comments, latest 49 minutes ago:
iwog says indigenous says Seems to me the core problem is the collective bargaining that Moon Beam signed into law in the early 70s Wait....wasn't it you who stupidly asserted that California's 40 years of...

Most health care IT is poor quality
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
CaptainShuddup says Because IT is ran like we do it like the boss says. Instead of what is needed to actually run a system tailored for the given system. Most enterprise software management is based...

Nuts To Society
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 2 hours ago:
http://www.normativedander.com

Don't forget the heat, new drought report says
By tvgnus in misc   posted 2 hours ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine Californias drought aggravated by high temperatures •  Tease out the influence of temperature in preceding drought conditions Although record low precipitation has been the main driver of one of the worst droughts in California...

U.S. economy slows says new report
By tvgnus in misc   posted 3 hours ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine Gross Domestic Product decreases •  Imports increased more and private inventory investment increased less than previously estimated Real gross domestic product -- the value of the production of goods and services in the United...

Gasoline price rocket sputters as prices fall
By tvgnus in misc   posted 4 hours ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine Dropping by a penny a day or more •  We would expect gas station prices to be coming down much more quickly California gasoline prices are dropping by as much as a penny a...

Illinois Democrats Seek To Tax Their Way Out Of Fiscal Mess
By zzyzzx in misc   87 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
lostand confused says zzyzzx says So all the jobs leaving Detroit were due to ridiculous Republican free trade agreements and outsourcing? That is nothing. Wait for the TPP by Obozo the clown.

Egyptian Press Identifies Barack Obama As A Complete Moron
By indigenous in misc   50 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
bob2356 says socal2 says You really don't think America could have sustained 10,000 troops in Iraq in training and peace-keeping mode for another decade? US troops had already completed the hard work, we were just...

I Love OS X and Hate Macs
By Bellingham Bill in misc   19 comments, latest 9 hours ago:
Bellingham Bill says swebb says My 3 year old MBP is pretty straightforward to open up and add ram or replace a hard drive. 2012 was the end of that, actually, the 2012 retina models...

Why you should buy with little down
By jvolstad in misc   2 comments, latest 11 hours ago:
oxygen12 says the level of pathetic is astonishing.... this can't be real.

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net