« previous   housing   next »

Housing Crash is getting worse - by Zillow

By joshuatrio   Follow   Mon, 9 May 2011, 2:06am PDT   883 views   8 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/housing-crash-is-getting-worse-2011-05-09?link=MW_latest_news

Short quote from the article:

Zillow now predicts prices will fall about 8% this year and says it no longer expects the market to bottom before 2012.

Comments 1-8 of 8     Last »

thomas.wong1986   Mon, 9 May 2011, 3:33am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 1

from the article...

"What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers’ rally that ended last summer. "

klarek   Mon, 9 May 2011, 3:34am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

thomas.wong1986 says

from the article…
“What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers’ rally that ended last summer. “

As I and others have been saying for two years now. I guess it's better late than never that the "experts" can call it what it is.

caven   Mon, 9 May 2011, 5:20am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

This article is being featured on yahoo, I'm glad it is getting exposure.

schmitz_kris   Mon, 9 May 2011, 5:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 4

How is this news? Everybody but delusional unsophisticates predicted this is EXACTLY what would happen, and VOICI!

Hysteresis   Mon, 9 May 2011, 5:33am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 5

schmitz_kris says

How is this news? Everybody but delusional unsophisticates predicted this is EXACTLY what would happen, and VOICI!

the delusional dummies are the majority.

the news is that the dummies are waking up to this news.

HousingWatcher   Mon, 9 May 2011, 7:49am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

Now if only Zillow could do something about their grossly inaccurate "Zestimates"

thomas.wong1986   Mon, 9 May 2011, 8:24am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

HousingWatcher says

Now if only Zillow could do something about their grossly inaccurate “Zestimates”

Lol! How about predicting future price increases and declines.

As for Zestimates, Zillow never stated it was ever accurate. Zillow started in 2005, all their zestimates since 2000 were inaccurate to begin with. All it measured how grossly overvalued home prices. Whats the point of it anyway, track the value of your home twice a day like your stock portfolio. Thats part of the bubble mentality problem with the general public.

HousingWatcher   Mon, 9 May 2011, 8:31am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 8

I actually get e-mails from Zillow literally every month telling me my Zestimate has gone down. It's gotten to the point where my Zestimate is not much more than houses that are half the size of mone and MORE than houses that are larger than mine.

joshuatrio is moderator of this thread.

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net