Housing Crash is getting worse - by Zillow

By joshuatrio   Follow   Mon, 9 May 2011, 9:06am   771 views   8 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/housing-crash-is-getting-worse-2011-05-09?link=MW_latest_news

Short quote from the article:

Zillow now predicts prices will fall about 8% this year and says it no longer expects the market to bottom before 2012.

Viewing Comments 1-8 of 8     Last »     See most liked comments

1. thomas.wong1986

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,424 comments

1   10:33am Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

from the article...

"What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers’ rally that ended last summer. "

2. klarek

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    1,217 comments

2   10:34am Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

thomas.wong1986 says

from the article…
    “What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers’ rally that ended last summer. “

As I and others have been saying for two years now. I guess it's better late than never that the "experts" can call it what it is.

3. caven

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    6 comments

3   12:20pm Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

This article is being featured on yahoo, I'm glad it is getting exposure.

4. schmitz_kris

Follow
    Befriend
    36 threads
    181 comments

4   12:26pm Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

How is this news? Everybody but delusional unsophisticates predicted this is EXACTLY what would happen, and VOICI!

5. Hysteresis

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    14 threads
    660 comments

5   12:33pm Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

schmitz_kris says

How is this news? Everybody but delusional unsophisticates predicted this is EXACTLY what would happen, and VOICI!

the delusional dummies are the majority.

the news is that the dummies are waking up to this news.

6. HousingWatcher

Follow
    Befriend
    285 threads
    1,760 comments

6   2:49pm Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Now if only Zillow could do something about their grossly inaccurate "Zestimates"

7. thomas.wong1986

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,424 comments

7   3:24pm Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

HousingWatcher says

Now if only Zillow could do something about their grossly inaccurate “Zestimates”

Lol! How about predicting future price increases and declines.

As for Zestimates, Zillow never stated it was ever accurate. Zillow started in 2005, all their zestimates since 2000 were inaccurate to begin with. All it measured how grossly overvalued home prices. Whats the point of it anyway, track the value of your home twice a day like your stock portfolio. Thats part of the bubble mentality problem with the general public.

8. HousingWatcher

Follow
    Befriend
    285 threads
    1,760 comments

8   3:31pm Mon 9 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

I actually get e-mails from Zillow literally every month telling me my Zestimate has gone down. It's gotten to the point where my Zestimate is not much more than houses that are half the size of mone and MORE than houses that are larger than mine.

joshuatrio is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 84 milliseconds to create.