9-year-old girl bitch-slaps corrupt politicians and schools them in free press

By Dan8267   Follow   Sat, 16 Jun 2012, 9:20pm   230 views   0 comments
In Boca Raton FL 33433   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Remember Martha Payne, the Scottish 9-year-old whose blog documenting her pathetic school lunches shamed local pols into allowing kids unlimited fruits and vegetables? Well, they decided they weren’t going to be pushed around by a little girl anymore, and sent word that she was no longer allowed to take photographs of her food.

"This morning in maths I got taken out of class by my head teacher and taken to her office. I was told that I could not take any more photos of my school dinners because of a headline in a newspaper today."

Those fans and others were outraged when the council tried to hide by banning Martha from taking photographs. Twitter exploded... Wired’s story on the shutdown also included contact info for the Argyll and Bute council, so even politicians too senile to use Twitter undoubtedly got an earful.

Result: The council has realized that it should maybe quit bullying a little kid out in public.

Yep, there you have it. A bunch of scumbag corrupt politicians try to intimidate a little girl and violate her free press rights only to be bitch-slapped by the invisible hand of the Internet. The moral of the story: attempt to censor a story on the Internet and you'll make it bigger.

Articles:

Nine-year-old’s lunch blog shames school into making changes
Wired Story
9-year-old’s lunch blog gets banned by politicians, then unbanned by internet outrage

Current Score
Little Girl: 2
Corrupt Politicians: -1

Dan8267 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 20 milliseconds to create.