Shameless! Cheating Is Now Mainstream in America

By mili   Follow   Thu, 29 Mar 2012, 11:48am   1,127 views   13 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Cheating has gone mainstream in America today. We expect people to cheat on their taxes, to cheat on freeway speed limits, to barge into line without challenge. We no longer feel surprised when people cheat in business, sports, in their personal life, and in politics.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/03/29/Shameless-Cheating-Is-Now-Mainstream-in-America.aspx

Viewing Comments 1-13 of 13     Last »     See most liked comments

1. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (49)
    363 threads
    18,780 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

1   1:39pm Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike   Protected  

It's not technically cheating if you were drunk at the time.

2. joshuatrio

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    752 comments

2   1:49pm Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Or the 5, 50, or 500 mile rule + being drunk.

3. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    255 threads
    5,604 comments
    Davis, CA

3   1:59pm Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

It comes from the top. Seen any banksters doing the perp walk? Example is clear, only a fool would miss it.

4. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    455 threads
    7,646 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

4   6:38pm Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike   Protected  

This is so not news. Cheating has been around forever... on tests, on relationships, in life. From the article:

"Philandering goes back to biblical and pre-biblical civilization, but turning it into an industry is a modern novelty."

I submit that prostitution isn't a modern novelty... it's an industry.

The article also asks if I wouldn't rather have an attorney who got into college the honest way rather than cheating... well, if he's conniving enough to figure out how to get into college without taking the test, he might not be a bad attorney. Making it through college is tough, especially for people who can't write.

I know this, because I helped people who can't write get through college by writing their papers for them. There's at least 2 doctors, a physical therapist, a director of nursing in a facility and several social workers who I'd like to thank for donating money to me while I was in college. I prefer not to think of them as "cheaters," more like "customers."

5. TMAC54

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    70 threads
    930 comments
    San Leandro, CA

5   9:25pm Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

MF Global has taken the 5th on the whereabouts of the 1.6 billion dollars. Is that cheating or just the American way ?
    I think Corzine paid too much for that castle.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/why-uk-trail-mf-global-collapse-may-have-apocalyptic-consequences-eurozone-canadian-banks-jeffe

6. freak80

Follow
    Befriend
    65 threads
    5,520 comments
    Corning, NY

6   10:25pm Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Cheating is what America is all about.

The whole reason we're so prosperous is because we stole an entire continent from lightly-armed natives.

God Bless America.

7. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    764 threads
    6,533 comments
    Baltimore, MD

7   7:43am Sat 31 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Obligatory:

8. solver

Follow
    Befriend
    11 threads
    108 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

8   4:24pm Sat 31 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Does this fall under cheating too? Fast forward to 42 minutes and then watch Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
    http://www.infowars.com/sheriff-arpaio-obamas-documents-are-amateur-phonies/

9. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    255 threads
    5,604 comments
    Davis, CA

9   5:59pm Sat 31 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

solver says

Does this fall under cheating too? Fast forward to 42 minutes and then

Gah? An hour and half of Birther nonsense? Only OCD have the patience for this. Sane people have already moved on.

10. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    455 threads
    7,646 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

10   8:46pm Sat 31 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike   Protected  

solver says

watch Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio is a dick. He was a dick long before he inserted himself into the "birther" movement, and he'll be one long after.

11. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    255 threads
    5,604 comments
    Davis, CA

11   9:08pm Sat 31 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

elliemae says

dick long before he inserted himself

Heh heh, she said inserted, heh he.

12. solver

Follow
    Befriend
    11 threads
    108 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

12   9:22pm Sat 31 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Nobody cares what or who he is. What matters is that he's doing what's right. He can be king asshole for all I care. He's the only one with large enough gonads to do what he's doing and thank God he is.

13. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,489 comments

13   6:22am Sun 1 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

@ellie ,
    +10 for the use of "dick" "long" and "insert" in such a poetic way that I flashed-back to the days of mikey. Good job! lol

@solver,
    "king asshole" conjers up an image of Patrick (of SpongeBob fame) wearing his crown, cape, and carrying a septer. (inside my head is a funny picture that I shall now laugh at)

Sherrif Joe is a great American.
    We did take this land, and those who were here took it too. And the ones before them took it too .... and I am pretty sure you can find that all lands have been invaded and taken by the victor. So, MAYBE - without invasion from time to time, the inbreeding that results would have killed off the natives of all lands everywhere anyways? Invasions cut the bloodlines and save humanity from extinction. Maybe.

mili is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 96 milliseconds to create.